The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dedicated Track conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Check. So when you start your car the valves are closed and it's nice and quiet?

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I'd try to plug back in all the controls. Cruise control manages your throttle and having it unplugged might be a reason to "lock" the modes. I can try to find out with my engineer at work, he was lead on S550 so even if he doesn't know, he'll know the guy who did most of the electronics and calibration.

I installed the CC switch but unfortunately the Mode switch is still not functional. I’m looking forward to the day I can track this car on track mode. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX
Any details or info on the vented hood on the FP350S? The original pictures showed it coming with a standard unvented hood. I'm curious if that was an aftermarket solution or if they now ship with those vents.

Any details or info on the vented hood on the FP350S? The original pictures showed it coming with a standard unvented hood. I'm curious if that was an aftermarket solution or if they now ship with those vents.

Look up Teackspec hood vents. I believe that’s what they used.

Look up Teackspec hood vents. I believe that’s what they used.

Thanks Spartan, I had thought that might be the case. But the Trackspec ones have two vertical ribs, whereas that version looked more like some kind of central rib, which made me wonder if it was different. Btw, I'm still hoping for you to figure out your mode selection problem. Only because I feel awful that you built that car and are now stuck in that situation haha.

TMO Supporting Vendors