The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dedicated Track conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have spent almost an entire week just getting it ready for the cage. It's been fun so far. Tomorrow (yes new years day) I drop it off at KohR Motorsports for the cage then interior paint. While it's getting the work done I will take apart the IP and cut it to accommodate the A pillar tubing.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
*Subbed.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I’m curious to come check it out when you get it back home with the cage. There are a few things I want to look at for mine, and as yours is already taken apart that would make my life easier :)

Good luck for the rest of the project, looking forward to all the updates !

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Removed the entire cabin wire harness. This had to be disconnected at the rear wheel sensors. Made sure wires were not exposed for cage welding and interior painting. It’s going to be challenging putting all this back together.f746e87a2e046c32bbfdac3e587909bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a radio/amp connection in this bundle of wire?
My son could really use the 3 plugs going into the factory amplifier if they haven't been discarded yet. Just those 3 plugs with a foot of wire so we can splice them back into the system is all we need. Let me know what it's worth and I'll paypal you the cash immediately.

The car was a radio delete so there was no amp or speakers. I don’t know if the wire harness had that part. I would think it did but I don’t want to cut anything until I know for sure. Once I can confirm and you still haven’t located the part Ill get in touch.

Last edited:
yotah 1 I will let you know when the car is back. I was quoted a couple weeks at KohR for the cage
I’m curious to come check it out when you get it back home with the cage. There are a few things I want to look at for mine, and as yours is already taken apart that would make my life easier :)

Good luck for the rest of the project, looking forward to all the updates !
, seat brackets and stitch welding the seams. Then around another week at the paint shop for interior prep and paint.

I'm looking for a suitable brake kit that will allow me to run 18X11 square setup. AP and Brembo seem to be possibilities but untested with the GT350 brake booster and ABS. Anyone have insight?

GT4 cars run AP Racings if my memory is correct.

GT4's use Brembo but a different booster and ABS. I'm trying to learn if I need to mess with ABS and booster. The GT350 has really good brakes from the factory. Ford did a great job. I would keep them stock but an 18" wheel setup allows for more options for tires, lighter and 1/2" lower. I'm liking the Forgeline GS1R

FP350S use AP brakes but a different ABS.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
I'm looking for a suitable brake kit that will allow me to run 18X11 square setup. AP and Brembo seem to be possibilities but untested with the GT350 brake booster and ABS. Anyone have insight?

@Black Boss has insight in this area... check his build thread in the road racing forum... #194.

Last edited:
I agree, Black Boss has lots of information and background on options for the GT350. I have been texting with him for advice. My quandary is that I have received advice that Brembos will bolt on the fronts with the stock rear brakes. This will allow 18” wheels. Black Boss informed me that the booster and ABS had not been tested with this setup. I’m doing my research.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel