The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dedicated Track conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAW

Did you reinforce the trunk somehow? I have an APR wing and the front corners of the trunk where they meet the rear windshield show signs of deformation. They no longer line up with the rear quarters.

cb9d9a84578bfc5dba6fb44b2e0f4ce4.jpg

Pressed on the long studs. They look like the ARP but not plated gold. These are the FRPP used on the GT4. That’s what the package said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you reinforce the trunk somehow? I have an APR wing and the front corners of the trunk where they meet the rear windshield show signs of deformation. They no longer line up with the rear quarters.

I have not but I did see that BlackBoss did reinforce his trunk with a couple bars. I may do the same thing. There will be lots of weight on the wing at speed.

FRPP bushings for the cradle and diff installed. It’s now bolted to the car. Did not have proper tools like a lift so I did it this way. Then lowered the car to meet the cradle.

fb666604a740dedfebe86d3f360ec6ac.jpgba1c08cf0992d54648432553373939e5.jpg

Painted and installed the half shafts. Thanks to Scott 8250RPM for all the help. Endless texting for advice. Could not do this project without the help from folks on this forum. BlackBoss has been very helpful too.

Notice the CONFIDENTIAL decal on the damper. It is serial # 002. I guess Dean used a lot of prototype parts to build this car.6ccd44ecf756a6829fbec89a3d161875.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel