The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Defeat S550 door/trunk sensors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX
Hi all,

Looking for some guidance on how to trick the car into thinking the doors/trunk are closed when you no longer have the sensors in the trunk or the in-door wiring harness. I was able to turn off the door chime with ForScan, but haven't seen a way to tell the computer to ignore them (car currently gives me the pop up warning that the doors/trunk are open, I dismiss, and then I just ignore the warning lights).

So I am assuming I need to looking rigging up some type of defeat plug for the wiring harnesses. Any one have any experience?

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
A quick Google got me an S550 wiring diagram here: https://cardiagn.com/2015-18-ford-mustang-wiring-diagrams/
[HTML-fu: I used the Edge Developer Tools to hide the ad blocker warnings by setting display:none, and enlarged the viewer window with width:100%]

Attempt at your own risk, I'm not an Electrical Engineer, I'm not responsible if you let the smoke out of the wires, YMMV.

TL;DR - try grounding pins 33, 21, 34 on the Body Control Module connector C2280E (and pin 14 on connector C2280F for the Hood Ajar warning)

Body Control Module
LF Door Ajar - pin 33 connector C2280E - GN wire
RF Door Ajar - pin 21 connector C2280E - WH wire
Trunk Ajar - pin 34 connector C2280E - GY wire
Hood Ajar - pin 14 connector C2280F - BU-OG wire

Door Ajar wires on BCM tied to pin 7 (labeled "AJAR") on each door window regulator AND to:
  • LH latch release motor pin 3; on "NON-memory" version car/harness grounded on pin 5, on "Memory" version car/harness to pin 12 Driver Door Module
  • RH latch release motor pin 6; on NON-memory grounded on pin 4, on Memory to pin 12 Passenger Door Module
door wiring drawing note: "Door ajar switches are closed when door is closed"
note that "Door Modules" on Memory car/harness have CAN bus connections, but I don't think that's involved here

Trunk Ajar wire from BCM connects to pin 1 on Luggage Compartment Lid Latch; drawing note that it's grounded when closed, not grounded when open.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel