The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Department of Weights and Measures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
It's not 20lbs of cable, 1/0 stranded copper cable is .45 lbs/ft figure 13 feet for + and ground leads +1 lb for connections=~7 lbs. That is about what I estimated when I moved mine. A Braille type battery either up front or moved to the back will help the equation too.
Steve

I moved the battery back in my last car, not sure if I get to that point in this car...lots of safety concerns to think about when doing so.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
SCGT500 said:
I moved the battery back in my last car, not sure if I get to that point in this car...lots of safety concerns to think about when doing so.
I am actually considering doing a 7lb Braille in my new car just to save the labor and expense of running cable to the trunk.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
They are expensive. Lithium/Carbon with 450 pulse cranking amps are about $700. Good side is the weight and they last 3-5 times as long as a lead/acid battery. Plus they don't lose voltage in storage near as fast and if they do they are able to be restored from dead condition. They do need a special charger but normal alternators are compatible. They advertise that they deliver 1 volt more and steadier power when cranking and running.
Another downside is the need for mounting bracket since they are much smaller than an OEM battery. Not a big deal but they cost $50-$70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
TMSBOSS said:
Steve. In your opinion, would there be enough room to mount a Braille battery and a pump for trans cooling in the stock battery location??
280 F temps at the trans concerns me.

On a Boss or a S550.
Boss yes, might have to make a custom mount for the battery to position it forward of the firewall as much as possible. S550, I don't know haven't really really had a chance to look at the area in depth.
Steve

Lithium battery are getting cheaper now
http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-BTL35A480C-Lithium-Phosphate/dp/B00F9LPL5E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1455587190&sr=8-4&keywords=battery+tender+lithium

I've installed one in my Boss but haven't started the car yet
IMG_0855_zpscj2mo3je.jpg

Anyone know a close weight of a stock rotor versus a 2 piece rotor on a S550 or GT350?

Just wondering what type weight saving there is for that crazy money. Lol

...and with that, I recieved a couple spare GT Performance Pack rotors today.... 35 lbs each!!!!!

Crazy :(

TMO Supporting Vendors