The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Department of Weights and Measures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That was my plan. I went from 205 to 155 last year and still have a brew or 2 on the weekend. I mean we can't punish ourselves to much. And yes my race suit finally fits correctly :)

Peter

DEye

You can't get there from here...
VoodooBOSS said:
I also suspect Stoptech and others will be offering lighter weight two piece rotors in short order. More expensive for sure but there could be another 5 lbs per corner in weight savings potential.
Rotors arent really someplace to save weight, that weight is in material that helps absorb and dissipate the heat that braking generates.

Lighter is not better... Unless your talking ceramic :p

IMHO

The Girodisc for the GT350 are 28.5 pounds. We just put them up on our site. The minimal weight savings is due to the mass of the rotor ring swept area. Basically you can not cheat physics. They are available and the 'street' price is $1100.00.

Don't you all beat down our door at once :eek: If you want to offset a spacer mass and are looking at shaving pounds they may be of interest to you. If we were seeing wide spread rotor failures with the OEM I'd say they are the ticket. Depending on pad compound I don't know if the OEM's will crack before they thin out. Time will tell.

http://www.opmustang.com/store/p166/Girodisc_Front_2pc_Floating_Rotors_for_Shelby_GT350_.html

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel