The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Did a thing today....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Went and test drove a 2018 Mustang GT with Performance Package and active exhaust. Even in 15 degree temps the Michelin Pilot Sports had decent grip and I liked the adjustable exhaust note. Lightning Blue is a very nice color to..............but, I really went there to order a Performance package 2 car, Oxford White with 301A (Sync 3) group, black cloth interior, and active exhaust. Expected build is late February which seemed OK to me as I thought about this over the past few months. Now I want it to be here now! LOL. Think it will be a pretty special ride.
Steve

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
PP2 is more than PP.
By the way this winter is shaping up, a late feb delivery will come before you can drive either car.
Is a bird in the hand worth more than the a PP2 in the bush? I would have to vote no. If you asked me in April when the temps were warmer. Not sure I would have the same answer.

Did you take any pics of the lightning blue car?

BTW. I wish I had your problems. LOL.

DFW, TX
Since it comes with SC2 tires, they won't build them until it gets warmer, same with the R model GT350s. Otherwise you end up with cracked tread during transportation. I waited nine months for my GT350 to be built, so late Feb is not that far off.

I still have not seen the build option on the US site.

Steve, congratulations. What are your plans for the car once it arrives?

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I spoke with Ford NA about the web site, they will be updating the build and price after the new year. I knew order banks were open thanks to a few little birds so called my dealer GM yesterday to get it in. He wasn’t aware of the package release either. True that they won’t release the car on those tires until it is above 50 degrees so I probably won’t see the car until April, which is what I expected. As for building 1000 only, that may be what they expect the market to be especially if they do a Bullit spring special too. Only so many expensive performance Mustangs will sell each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the V6L
I spoke with Ford NA about the web site, they will be updating the build and price after the new year. I knew order banks were open thanks to a few little birds so called my dealer GM yesterday to get it in. He wasn’t aware of the package release either. True that they won’t release the car on those tires until it is above 50 degrees so I probably won’t see the car until April, which is what I expected. As for building 1000 only, that may be what they expect the market to be especially if they do a Bullit spring special too. Only so many expensive performance Mustangs will sell each year.

Or, Ford might start doing what BMW Canada does with factory performance tire sets. The BMW supply chain ships them straight to the dealer and the factory puts snow tires on the new car. The dealer swaps the rims at pre-delivery and sells the snow tires as a factory snow tire package. The snow tires on my wife's 428i Grand Coupe arrived at the dealer on an M4 in the dead of the 2015 winter.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Or, Ford might start doing what BMW Canada does with factory performance tire sets. The BMW supply chain ships them straight to the dealer and the factory puts snow tires on the new car. The dealer swaps the rims at pre-delivery and sells the snow tires as a factory snow tire package. The snow tires on my wife's 428i Grand Coupe arrived at the dealer on an M4 in the dead of the 2015 winter.

This is true, when I Euro delivery they offered me snow package for my 335i Sport. I declined but it was cool. I doubt Ford will do that on the Mustangs. They do do it on the Focus RS. My dealer has one with that package on the showroom.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
That Lightning Blue is outstanding. And i dunno but think a white stripe or black with thin red outline should look great on that flavor of blue.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I think it is going to be a rocket. Excited for you! Late February isn't that far away...

I have it on very good authority that it will indeed be surprisingly fast on track. That is why I have waited this long to replace my earlier S550.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Nice score on the PP2 Order fill. Will you build it into a mostly dedicated track car?

No, it will do double duty as a daily driver splitting time with my truck and hobby track car. Once I see how it performs against my S197, decisions may have to be made.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel