The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Did Boss 302 Prices Go Up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I received my window sticker today and thought the price looked a bit high. The standard vehicle price is now $40,310 compared to $40,145 on my VOC. What gives? Did anyone else hear of a price increase? The delivery and destination charges were lowered from $850 to $795.

Boss Lady

My window sticker shows SVP= $40,145
Options=$1,995

Total V&O = $42,140

Plus $850 for D&D

5 DOT 0 said:
I received my window sticker today and thought the price looked a bit high. The standard vehicle price is now $40,310 compared to $40,145 on my VOC. What gives? Did anyone else hear of a price increase? The delivery and destination charges were lowered from $850 to $795.

Yes, they did.

5 DOT 0 said:
PTRocks said:
Yes, they did.
Do you have any further info on the price increase? Is this common for Ford to raise prices during the middle of the year?
I have no info, I don't work for Ford. Yes it is normal for prices to increase once, maybe twice in a year. From the stickers I have seen recently the price you pay seems to depend upon when you ordered, but I could be wrong on that.

GA
The price for a 2012 GT was supposed to be lower this year. Not a 2012 Boss though. Maybe Ford is just joining the stealership bandwagon. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
Do you have any further info on the price increase? Is this common for Ford to raise prices during the middle of the year?

Yes, late in the year the 10 F150's went up but shipping remained the same. The truck I was looking at first had the higher price but then I found one with the back-up sensor, got that at the same price because it was build right before the price increase.

However I wonder if you signed a contract at a certain price can charge you the extra?

Ford must be the only company lowering shipping as fuel prices are going up.

So do you get charged the price at the time you left the deposit? Or the price when they slap the window sticker on?
My order confirmation paperwork has the older price, $40,145, but it also says ** THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE**.

DigiCowboy said:
So do you get charged the price at the time you left the deposit? Or the price when they slap the window sticker on?
My order confirmation paperwork has the older price, $40,145, but it also says ** THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE**.
Same here. I'm not worrying about it. As long as the dealer where I have my order holds MSRP I'm happy.

TMO Supporting Vendors