The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Did Ford cheap out on the wheel caps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The early Boss cars had the wheel caps with the tri-bar under the pony. The pre-production cars just have the pony and no tri-bars. I prefer the tri-bars as they match the grill and back of the non LS Boss cars. What do you think? And just so there's no confusion that Boss is CO not RR. ;)

Attachments

• boss12_b05.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 32-2012-mustang-boss-302-review.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 273
Sounds like an aftermarket business opportunity for you. How about one with the Boss script?

GA
The caps without the tribar are what is now coming on the 19" wheels. Personally i like them, but I agree that the tribar would go better with the Boss because of the tribar on the grille. My Bullitt came with the tribar caps and I think the new ones would go better due to the understated looks. Someone on the Bullitt forum put those on the 18" rims and said they fit fine, so the tribar caps will probably fit the Boss rims.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I won't either but I agree the tri-bar looks much better. Also, glancing at the LS, it looks like it has the tri-bar, so I'm sure you might be able to buy the caps from the dealer, expensive I know, and do it yourself.

GA
PJWANNABE said:
The caps without the tribar are what is now coming on the 19" wheels. Personally i like them, but I agree that the tribar would go better with the Boss because of the tribar on the grille. My Bullitt came with the tribar caps and I think the new ones would go better due to the understated looks. Someone on the Bullitt forum put those on the 18" rims and said they fit fine, so the tribar caps will probably fit the Boss rims.

I was also thinking that I would not order the accessory package and use the money for Yellow Blaze (if i decide on that color). I would rather have tribar pony floor mats since the seats and dash already have "Boss 302" on them. I don't need criminals to see "Boss 302" on a car cover either. ::)

ufnavy06 said:
I won't either but I agree the tri-bar looks much better. Also, glancing at the LS, it looks like it has the tri-bar, so I'm sure you might be able to buy the caps from the dealer, expensive I know, and do it yourself.

Looking at some pictures from the production LS at AAI, they do not have the tribar - unless they are changed over at VPC.

[/quote]Got a photo? Welcome to Boss Mustangs Online.
[/quote]

This a picture from of a Boss I used :( to own. Zooming just made it fuzzy, but the little horse in the center is the same as the pic in this thread

bossmagnum.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel