The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Did the Zaino Treatment today (pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the Zaino users, I found this old post. This was when I had my 135i and was a Zaino fanatic. I'm out of Zaino re-hab and abusing other products now.

Today's Helpfull tip (I have many more to come:D)

--ZAINO SYRINGE--
I've found a new Zaino distributer closer to where I live. They offer a medical syringe that is the best thing a Zaino user can have.

Why? It allows you to mix your Zaino and ZFX in small amounts. Today I loaded up 7cc's of Z-2 with 1 drop of ZFX. I covered my car with two coats and had extra.

The clean up was a snap, now the syringe is ready for another day of Zaino.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

--

Really glad you are happy with the results. I used to use Zaino but found the amount of effort to use it lessened its appeal to me. (It definitely works well however). I've moved on to just using Klasse AIO and Sealant for my other cars, not sure what I'll do once the Boss gets in.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I will be interested to see how long the finish holds up over time, depending on how much it's driven, washed, exposure to the elements, rain or direct sun. Sure nobody wants to spend 6+ hours each time you want to make your car look nice, but we can see from this post that it was the very first, top to bottom complete application. I would like to find out how long the mega shine lasts before the OP feels the need to freshen it up. Then the amount of time and effort required for follow up washes and interim Zaino treatments.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
I will be interested to see how long the finish holds up over time, depending on how much it's driven, washed, exposure to the elements, rain or direct sun. Sure nobody wants to spend 6+ hours each time you want to make your car look nice, but we can see from this post that it was the very first, top to bottom complete application. I would like to find out how long the mega shine lasts before the OP feels the need to freshen it up. Then the amount of time and effort required for follow up washes and interim Zaino treatments.
from my other cars that get driven every day. it last about 6 months. which is right about the time you need to clay bar again. seeing how this car is in the garage most of the time and doesnt go play in the rain it should last a long time. I plan to add another 3 layers this weekend.

ace72ace

Another 3 layers? Which product do you add for the additional coats? Are you planning on diving headfirst into your finish? ;D

boss2511, have you ever used the Klasse products? IF so I'm curious as how you would compare your experience with the products. Its been so long since I've used Zaino I'm just looking for fresher opinions.

Justin

ace72ace said:
Another 3 layers? Which product do you add for the additional coats? Are you planning on diving headfirst into your finish? ;D
I use ZFX additive it allows you to do three coats a day. other wise you have to wait 24 hours. and yes I want the paint to be very deep lol. mostly I just want to add a few more layers till the swirls in the vinyl decals are completely gone...which they almost are.

Justin

askjeffro said:
boss2511, have you ever used the Klasse products? IF so I'm curious as how you would compare your experience with the products. Its been so long since I've used Zaino I'm just looking for fresher opinions.
I have never used Klasse before. I have used meguiars professional line, griots garage, adams, mothers, turtle wax, zymol. now I will say that I have never found one company that makes the best of everything. like I use adams to take out heavy scratches, swirls and use there super VRT and in and out spray and there under carriage spray but I do have almost everything they make. for the tires I like to use meguairs endurance shine applied by hand let it sit then wipe it off leaves them a matte black that lasts about a month. back when I had my black 96 cobra I used to layer it with meguiars hi-tech yellow wax #26 after a good coat of their glaze.

I dont want to buy any new stuff for awhile as I have about 2000 dollars worth of stuff sitting in the garage to use up first. but I am always trying new stuff. have to use up this stuff first
426234_366998086666102_100000677422918_1174241_1485503755_n.jpg

there is more than that but you get the idea. I have a bag just for my zaino stuff and there are gallon refills of adams products out in the garage. (I use the stuff I dont like on the GF's car lol)

Well I have decided to try the zaino product I however will have a beer in one hand sitting in a chair in the yard while someone else does the work ;D

AZBoss302 said:
For the Zaino users, I found this old post. This was when I had my 135i and was a Zaino fanatic. I'm out of Zaino re-hab and abusing other products now.

--ZAINO SYRINGE--
I've found a new Zaino distributer closer to where I live. They offer a medical syringe that is the best thing a Zaino user can have.

Why? It allows you to mix your Zaino and ZFX in small amounts. Today I loaded up 7cc's of Z-2 with 1 drop of ZFX. I covered my car with two coats and had extra.

--
Really you only use 7cc's to do the car? sounds very complicated, held off on the order, still looking and reading about this stuff..DODO juice any body use this?

Justin

KYBOSSLS said:
AZBoss302 said:

--ZAINO SYRINGE--

--
Really you only use 7cc's to do the car? sounds very complicated, held off on the order, still looking and reading about this stuff..DODO juice any body use this?
I know I use to much and I use an ounce to do two coats so I believe it. What is DODO juice? I know Zaino works but I also know that there is other products that will produce great results as well. Only one way to find out and thats to try which ever one you choose and give it a try. I know you will get good results with just about anything you choose thats not a question. Of all the stuff I have tried over the years zaino by far the easiest to apply and remove and doesnt require things that plug into a wall to get the best out of it. Once you get the order of steps down and how to mix it (if you use ZFX) it is super easy to use (hell I got my GF to understand it and she did her car a year ago). oh one thing that is really nice about zaino is you can put it on in direct sunlight or when its freezing cold out which is nice and not all products out there you can do that with.

I know Sal Zaino for years, lives close by. Great product that lasts for sometime. I do prefer Zusion carnuba as it gives any color a very deep wet look.

Well I will say this they ship pretty damn fast I ordered mine two days ago it's here today so they are good at getting their product out I will tell how good it is but not sure if I can get to it this weekend. I have used alot of products before so should be able to give a good comparison to others.

ace72ace

Just pulled the trigger on Zaino car kit & bucket. Will post some before/after pix from my wife's '11 Black GT. The paint is swirl city! So it will be a good before / after.

ace72ace

Almost forgot to order the syringe as suggested earlier in the thread, found one a Amazon for under 3 bucks. Is there anything else recommended while I have my Amazon order pending? The only other thing I am looking for will be towels, as Zaino is sold out. I have swirls in my wife's GT from cheap micro fiber towels, learned the hard way here that not all are created equally. Hopefully I get posts by this afternoon, I want to get my order this afternoon. Thanks in advance.

Justin

ace72ace said:
Almost forgot to order the syringe as suggested earlier in the thread, found one a Amazon for under 3 bucks. Is there anything else recommended while I have my Amazon order pending? The only other thing I am looking for will be towels, as Zaino is sold out. I have swirls in my wife's GT from cheap micro fiber towels, learned the hard way here that not all are created equally. Hopefully I get posts by this afternoon, I want to get my order this afternoon. Thanks in advance.
oh thats good. as for the towels. I dont use zainos towels. I use griots garage blue towels. 16 bucks for 3 I think. I also have there green towels and I have adams double soft and single soft towels. I do have 4 of the blonde yellow towels zanio sells but I dont like them as much as my other towels just dont seem to pull the product off as easy.
the blue towels
http://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-11231-Micro-Fiber/dp/B002LNI8GW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334419318&sr=8-1
green towels
http://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-11269-Micro-Spray-On/dp/B003POEOQ4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1334419318&sr=8-6
adams single soft
http://www.amazon.com/Adams-Single-Soft-Microfiber-Towel/dp/B005DNOY06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334419380&sr=8-1

if you order directly from adams use the code BLISS for a big discount.

ace72ace

Thanks! The other thing I remember I need is the water filter thingy for the inline hose feed.

I also replied back on my 'ordered RR Boss' thread about the driveshaft...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel