The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Did the Zaino Treatment today (pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
well got done with another round.
2 coats z-5
1 coat z-2
1 coat z-cs

tomorrow morning I will do a Z-8 wipe down. then take some pics. my arm is killing me. it was a little harder to get off today for some reason.

ace72ace said:
Just pulled the trigger on Zaino car kit & bucket. Will post some before/after pix from my wife's '11 Black GT. The paint is swirl city! So it will be a good before / after.

If the paint is swirl city, it really needs correction using a orbital buffer and compounding polish to remove the swirls.

askjeffro said:
boss2511, have you ever used the Klasse products? IF so I'm curious as how you would compare your experience with the products. Its been so long since I've used Zaino I'm just looking for fresher opinions.

Klasse is good stuff, but for sealants, I prefer Wolfgang 3.0 paint sealant. It has a better shine, is much easier to buff off, and lasts about the same time frame. My current favorite combination is Wolfgang 3.0 topped with Wolfgang Fuzion. It really works with darker colors.

Justin

bolecailey said:
ace72ace said:
Just pulled the trigger on Zaino car kit & bucket. Will post some before/after pix from my wife's '11 Black GT. The paint is swirl city! So it will be a good before / after.

If the paint is swirl city, it really needs correction using a orbital buffer and compounding polish to remove the swirls.
I second that zaino only corrects very fine swirls. dont use compound on your vinyl decals as this will make them only worse

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Where are the extra coat pix? I'd like to request some high angle shots over the hood and rear quarters. Get out the step ladder if you have to. Are you also doing the door jams, around the inside of the trunk and under the hood?

Justin

ace72ace said:
Where are the extra coat pix? I'd like to request some high angle shots over the hood and rear quarters. Get out the step ladder if you have to. Are you also doing the door jams, around the inside of the trunk and under the hood?
I did wipe it down with Z-8. I did take a few pics but the sun is so bright out right now its washing out the pictures. I guess I could get it back out of the garage and climb on the roof and take pics.

Justin

here are the pics I took today
536765_391187887580455_100000677422918_1240097_1481713541_n.jpg

Door panel close up
528977_391187917580452_100000677422918_1240098_589322509_n.jpg

574748_391187960913781_100000677422918_1240099_2130392388_n.jpg

533974_391188027580441_100000677422918_1240101_827532169_n.jpg

292621_391188050913772_100000677422918_1240102_880968364_n.jpg

ace72ace

Awesome! I was just kidding about the ladder, just hold the camera up high and take a bunch of shots. Often when I'm taking hundreds of pix it's often that the odd angle shots are the ones I like most.

bolecailey said:
askjeffro said:
boss2511, have you ever used the Klasse products? IF so I'm curious as how you would compare your experience with the products. Its been so long since I've used Zaino I'm just looking for fresher opinions.

Klasse is good stuff, but for sealants, I prefer Wolfgang 3.0 paint sealant. It has a better shine, is much easier to buff off, and lasts about the same time frame. My current favorite combination is Wolfgang 3.0 topped with Wolfgang Fuzion. It really works with darker colors.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about Wolfgang's sealant. But have a bottle of the Klasse and the bottle takes forever to use. :) I'm planning on Wolfgang after I use this up to try it out. Perhaps I'll just buy a bottle dedicate to mustang when it finally arrives.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Ok, looking to pull the trigger on ordering Zaino kit, but got a couple of questions. My Boss has never been waxed, unless the manufacturer does something which I don't believe they do. So any reason to do dawn and clay bar steps?

My 98 Mustang, on the other hand, has been waxed many times over the last 14 years so it will need all the steps done. But when you say Dawn this is the dish soap, correct?

ace72ace

Yes, and yes. Even a new car that's never been waxed will have some contaminates on it. I ordered the full kit as well as the bucket, shipping was still just $9.95 for both. I appreciate not getting jacked on shipping charges. Also check this out;

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/337708-those-porter-cable-7424xp-3.html#post3018161

;D

Justin

ace72ace said:
Yes, and yes. Even a new car that's never been waxed will have some contaminates on it. I ordered the full kit as well as the bucket, shipping was still just $9.95 for both. I appreciate not getting jacked on shipping charges. Also check this out;

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/337708-those-porter-cable-7424xp-3.html#post3018161

;D
easy test to see if you need to clay bar. get a sandwich bag put it on your hand then feel your paint. results will suprise you

Actually, its easier than using a bag. If you have driven more than a couple hundred miles and parked outside a few times since your last clay barring, you need to clay bar. :) Not advocating frequent clay barring, just saying it doesn't take much exposure to fail the bag test.

Justin

askjeffro said:
Actually, its easier than using a bag. If you have driven more than a couple hundred miles and parked outside a few times since your last clay barring, you need to clay bar. :) Not advocating frequent clay barring, just saying it doesn't take much exposure to fail the bag test.
yeah I know. I go by feel with the bag. you get to know what is really bad and what isnt. I would do it atleast twice a year. I also clay bar the windshield

98RedGT

2012 #552
when using Zaino products you listed did you have to worry about keeping it off any other parts on the exterior, like plastic or rubber?

Also what do you use for clay bar lubricant? Do you clay just horizontal surfaces or entire car?

I will run all the tests with the bag but just curious what your process is since the car turned out really nice with what you did.

Sorry to ask so many questions in numerous post but they come to me as I am planning this.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

4dRacer said:
when using Zaino products you listed did you have to worry about keeping it off any other parts on the exterior, like plastic or rubber?

Also what do you use for clay bar lubricant? Do you clay just horizontal surfaces or entire car?

I will run all the tests with the bag but just curious what your process is since the car turned out really nice with what you did.

Sorry to ask so many questions in numerous post but they come to me as I am planning this.

Thanks in advance.
The bottles say not to get it on porus surfaces ie parts like the front valance and rear valance and side skirts and around the mirrors etc. I didnt tape them off or anything. the stuff doesnt leave a white residue like wax so you dont really notice. the stuff you can put on the plastic that is porus is the Z-CS.

For the Zaino clay I use a spray bottle with a mix of water and there Z-7(car wash) instructions are in the can of the clay to do this. other clays I have used say to use there detail spray. both work just fine. you really want to do every surface of the car but you will notice the horizontal surfaces will have more than the vertical surfaces. I clay bar the wheels too but that might be over kill to some.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel