The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Did the Zaino Treatment today (pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
So a ordered a plastic syringe as suggested in this thread, are there detailed instructions on the mixing procedure? It's only 47 degrees here this morning so we are gonna do errands first and I will start this afternoon after it warms up a bit.
directions are in the box. 4-5 drops per ounce shake for 60 seconds

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Ugh, not tonight dammit. I thought I had ordered the Ultimate Zaino kit that had the Fusion in it, but I had ordered the cheaper kit instead that doesn't have it. I will have to figure out what I need to get, and I need pads for the Porter Cable too.

Justin

ace72ace said:
Ugh, not tonight dammit. I thought I had ordered the Ultimate Zaino kit that had the Fusion in it, but I had ordered the cheaper kit instead that doesn't have it. I will have to figure out what I need to get, and I need pads for the Porter Cable too.
well here is some good pads for the PC
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-724-adams-premium-polishing-glazing-waxing-pad-kit.aspx

I didnt use any PC fusion on my boss by the way.

ace72ace

My wife's GT needs Fusion, no doubt about it... So If I get that pad kit, and also order a bottle of Fusion to stay with Zaino products beginning to end, what are the intermediate polishes to work up from the Fusion? z5 then z2 and finish with zfx? Of course I know I have to dawn wash, clay bar, and all the other intermediate steps...

Justin

ace72ace said:
My wife's GT needs Fusion, no doubt about it... So If I get that pad kit, and also order a bottle of Fusion to stay with Zaino products beginning to end, what are the intermediate polishes to work up from the Fusion? z5 then z2 and finish with zfx? Of course I know I have to dawn wash, clay bar, and all the other intermediate steps...
zfx is an additive to add to z-5 or z-2 to allow you to do multiple coats in one day.
dawn
clay
z-7
here is where you would do the pc fusion if it is swirled up ( I would instead do orange pad orange polish then white pad white polish with the adams using the Porter cable)
z-6
z-aio
z-6
z-5(zfx additive)
z-6
z-5 (zfx additive)
z-6
Z-2 (zfx additive)
z-6
z-cs
z-8(the next day)

Justin

I had to waste an ounce of Z-2 and 4 drops of ZFX today big rain clouds started to roll in after one coat of z-2....makes me sad

ace72ace

Bummer... Yeah I knew ZFX was an additive, I actually read the instructions. Thanks for the tips. The Adams vid suggested using the 2 bucket system and 2 wash pads. Do you do this as well or just 1? I was thinking of ordering the king size wash pad as I have the 9" and buying an empty 5 gal pail from home depot for the 2 wash system as I already have the grit guard in my zaino bucket.

Justin

ace72ace said:
Bummer... Yeah I knew ZFX was an additive, I actually read the instructions. Thanks for the tips. The Adams vid suggested using the 2 bucket system and 2 wash pads. Do you do this as well or just 1? I was thinking of ordering the king size wash pad as I have the 9" and buying an empty 5 gal pail from home depot for the 2 wash system as I already have the grit guard in my zaino bucket.
I use one bucket with a grit guard. I have the adams bucket with the wheels. I use there regular sized wash pad. I have the larger one it just seems to big to me. I have their Merino Wool Car Wash Mitt which seems that they dont sell anymore its super soft. I dont use it though as parts of it come off and get stuck in hard to remove places. I now use it to wash the avenger as I dont care about that car lol

ace72ace

Decided to practice on my daily driver, so I did dawn wash, clay bar, z6, z5+zfx before sunset. Just 1 coat and already I can see a tremendous shine. Pix tomorrow.

Well you can't see crap in the low light, but I liked the way the grille looked on this shot. Btw, I can see what Justin meant about you can't really use zfx on a pad system, you'd waste so much it's not funny... I was lucky in that I guessed perfectly on the amount I mixed and didn't waste a drop. Better pix later today after 2 more coats. I can still see minor swirling, but this is my daily driver and you really have to look with a critical eye to spot the effect, so I'm fine with continuing on with more layers as opposed to eliminating the swirls with fusion.

IMG_3222.jpg

Hey Boss2511, drove Boss to a show today 60 miles and the bugs are awful2012-04-28_17-36-46_747.png how much easier is it to clean after the zaino, it has taken me longer to buy this then it took to buy the car, not to get off topic, I hope too see all the colors for the Bosses at Carlisle

Justin

KYBOSSLS said:
Hey Boss2511, drove Boss to a show today 60 miles and the bugs are awful2012-04-28_17-36-46_747.png how much easier is it to clean after the zaino, it has taken me longer to buy this then it took to buy the car, not to get off topic, I hope too see all the colors for the Bosses at Carlisle
well I can wipe the bugs right off with some z-6 on my car and washing it they just fall off.

ace72ace

Was 3/4 the way through the 2nd coat of zfx after another z6 spray, and the neighbor decides it's time to mow the lawn with his ride on tractor. Nice double bagger in the back with the wind blowing directly from his yard into mine. D'oh. Quickly pull the Merc into the garage and shut both doors before he drives by with the giant contaminant engine.

In the past I never would have thought twice about doing this, but after getting educated on the proper cleaning and maintenance techniques, I'm glad now I know better. Funny thing how you take better precautions after you spend about 250$ on wash/wax/polish/PC supplies...

While it's no where near brand new at 15 years old, the factory metallic finish on the Grand Marquis sure looks nice just over half way through the process. Whoever had this car in FL kept it garaged because the paint wasn't faded or deteriorated at all. Very happy to have found this granny-mobile from a retired couple who had advertised it on craigs list after buying a town house back up north here to be near their grand kids. Decided to keep the SUV they had and sell the Merc so they could have the single garage for their SUV. Will always remember negotiating the deal for it, and Stanley's eyes lighting up when I told him I had cash and wanted it, but Stella standing firm at only dropping the price a hundred after I had offered 350 less. Was worth every penny... =D

ace72ace

About 3.5 hours yesterday & today. There are still swirls in the paint but only visible from the right angle, silver is so forgiving...

IMG_3264.jpg
IMG_3265.jpg
IMG_3266.jpg
IMG_3267.jpg
IMG_3268.jpg
IMG_3269.jpg
IMG_3270.jpg
IMG_3271.jpg
IMG_3272.jpg
IMG_3273.jpg
IMG_3274.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg
IMG_3277.jpg
IMG_3278.jpg
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg
IMG_3284.jpg
IMG_3285.jpg
IMG_3286.jpg
IMG_3287.jpg
IMG_3288.jpg

ace72ace

Thanks, makes for a comfy cruiser with the cloth interior and upgraded stereo. Not my first choice for a DD but I got such a bargain on it that it was too good to pass up.

98RedGT

2012 #552
I have a silver Aviator and it really needs some tlc so I will have to treat it to Zaino as well. You use so little of the stuff it really goes a long way. Not cheap but looks like a lot of the polish, etc., bottles will last me a while.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel