The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Diff breather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2000 Mustang body in white road race car. Looking to fix/upgrade my breather system for the rear end. Currently I'm using a hose that is coming off the passenger side axle tube that is ran upward and twisted in a circle a few times. This has puked out most every time at the track. I just installed A NEW 2013/2014 GT 500 diff cover. Would i be better off venting from the top of the diff cover? Or through the axle tube? Or both? I know the diff cover is at a higher point. I do have a breather tank that I'm gonna install in the trunk.
BRIAN

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think top of the diff cover. I just have the 'rattle' valve up there and no issues since the factory overfill on the GT. I plugged the axle tube.

drano38

Wayne
With the new cover, go off the top of it, then into the trunk with your can.
I started with a turkey baster on the axle. Then I did Bobs can between the diff and car body. A year ago, took that out and installed a can in the trunk.
I have the Whiteline watts link, so came off the top port, into the trunk to the can and ran the can's vent hose back out of trunk under the car.

Here's a thread in the How To for more ideas.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...rvoir-breather-and-cooler-installations.7851/

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel