The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Diff temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
what would be considered a HIGH diff temp? I installed a FTB diff cooler and a diff temp gauge. I went to Woodward car cruise which is 300 miles from home. I watched the temp go to 200 deg driving on highway doing 75mph. At my Track Night 260 deg and these temps were with diff cooler off.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
235 is where I like to switch my cooler on. On track it will usually hold right there or maybe creep to 240 which is fine. Anything lower and you stress the pump pushing cold thick oil. 275 is what I consider the start of high and 300 is area for concern. The higher above 220 you run the shorter the change duration should be. With mine I change every 8 track hours at 240 degrees. At 260 go 6, at 280 go 4 and 300 go 2 hours between changes. The cooler pays for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel