The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Difference between Borla axlebacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I'm debating on replacing the mufflers and I honestly have no clue as to what the difference is amongst the 3 types of Borlas, besides price obviously. Additionally, I know different people have said different things about the mufflers. I want a good mix of price, weight and sound and I've heard nothing but good things about Borlas and at times wished I had them on my GT. There's no rush as I can't put them on until December anyways.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would suggest if you want superior quality and killer sound with no drone go with a Corsa Axleback. Made in Ohio and their unique system is literally top notch ( no packing in the units, hence no water retention issues ). Tuned for sound and power with a unique baffle system.

I have the Extreme unit on my Boss and get nothing but compliments. Cloud 9 runs them on his Boss also and we all know he is super fast!!!!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I love my magnaflow comp cat back system. Very very deep from 1-2k under full load it just screams. I havent noticed any increase in drone but I havent taken any long road trips with it yet. City traffic its hard to get those conditions where I would notice.

Bill Pemberton said:
I would suggest if you want superior quality and killer sound with no drone go with a Corsa Axleback. Made in Ohio and their unique system is literally top notch ( no packing in the units, hence no water retention issues ). Tuned for sound and power with a unique baffle system.

I have the Extreme unit on my Boss and get nothing but compliments. Cloud 9 runs them on his Boss also and we all know he is super fast!!!!

+1 on the Corsa. Haven't heard them on the Boss but I had a Corsa catback on my Viper GTS and it sounded amazing, plus the build quality was top notch. No drone is the big difference as noted here. I looked at a 2012 GT500 with a Borla and the resonance was just way too much for me to stand. But to each their own.

FYI...several (but not all) of the the Ford Racing exhausts are actually Borlas with Ford logos embossed on them. The full retail on them is higher than the equivalent Borla, but if you find some kind of deal on Ford Racing parts, you might be able to get them for around the same price. If having all "Ford" parts blows your skirt up, you might want to take a look at those.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
coboss said:
FYI...several (but not all) of the the Ford Racing exhausts are actually Borlas with Ford logos embossed on them. The full retail on them is higher than the equivalent Borla, but if you find some kind of deal on Ford Racing parts, you might be able to get them for around the same price. If having all "Ford" parts blows your skirt up, you might want to take a look at those.
[/quote

I'd heard that but I don't know which FR = which Borla.

I swapped my S-Types off of my '11 5.0 before giving it to the dealer. Borlas+open side exhaust=excellence. No drone at all either.

TMO Supporting Vendors