The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Differences between the LS and standard Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am sure that this has been covered many times. However, I have done several searches and can not find a post listing all of the differences. I am looking for the Ford part numbers if possible for the suspension pieces.

Also, I am new to the forum. My name is Will. I traded my 2012 GT500 for a 2012 Boss 302 a few weeks ago. While I liked the Shelby I never really felt connected to it. The suspension and steering always felt a bit numb.

The Boss is much more fun to drive and transmits more information. Though the Boss's shifter is a bit vague, it is much better than the Shelby's. It is impossible to shift quickly from 1 to 2 at high RPM in the GT500 without grinding gears. All to often a 3 to 4 shift ended up as a 3 to 2 shift (not fun).

Sesshomurai

Hi,
Welcome to the forums! You will find lots of knowledgeable and friendly people here. There might be details I'm missing (I bought the base model), but I found this:

Rapid Spec - Laguna Seca - $6,995
Alloy wheels: 19"x 9.0", alloy wheels: 19"x 10.0"; Front and rear summer tires; Red pedestal spoiler; Gauge pack (engine temp, oil pressure and dynamic performance gauge); Gauge; Seating: two passengers; Rear cross car X-brace; Front driver seat and Front passenger seat: : Recaro; Front brake cooling ducts (installation required); Front air splitter (installation required); 3.730:1 axle ratio; Unique rear springs and stabilizer bar; Rear limited-slip differential; TORSEN helical differential; Excludes: [947] Recaro Cloth Sport Seats & Torsen Differential

Read more: http://www.internetautoguide.com/30-2-2012-28-946-3343/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-coupe-packages-options.html#ixzz2G5BhsbuK

There is a thread buried here somewhere with the differences stated. The main difference is the suspension which is optimized for the R comp tires. The engines are identical.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel