The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Different Oil Separator Installations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinking about getting an oil separator on the passenger side... Was wondering if anyone had any opinions about JLT versus Moroso...The Moroso looks more durable and I like the fact that is has all metal fittings. Looks like you might run into less problems with it breaking... Any thoughts? (I know the Moroso is a little more expensive, but I'd rather pay a little more if it's going to last longer. I heard though that I might need to replace those"heater hoses" as they're not really designed to withstand oil)

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
[quote author=TymeSlayer]Funds sent - Thanks much![/quote]

[quote author=Grant 302]Thanks again for doing this! Payment sent for 2 simple and 1 schmancy[/quote]

Both have shipped, I will PM you your tracking numbers!

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
FINALLY got mine mounted with the NO-DRILL mount that Sako sent me(THANK YOU SAKO!!!!!!!!!!)

Here is my Peterson holder painted Gloss Black::

1424118498_zpsa2df5384.jpg

I wanted mine all black so I painted the Peterson holder AND the No-drill holder Gloss black and lined the inside of the holder with the silky side of velcro:

1424118495_zps5a99dedf.jpg

Here is my No-drill holder and Peterson can all mocked up::

1424129089_zpsd7fa52b9.jpg

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

1424129086_zpsd3d33078.jpg

Big shout out to F.D. Sako for offering up his No-Drill bracket before Brian decided to make some more. I did order the Fancy Smancey one from Brian just incase this one was too flimsy.

Lookin good Darren!
Again, sorry I lost that one locking nut while shipping :-\

as far as the rigidity of the mount, I've never had problems with mine.

Ultrakla$$ic

F.D. Sako said:
Lookin good Darren!
Again, sorry I lost that one locking nut while shipping :-\

as far as the rigidity of the mount, I've never had problems with mine.

Are you running the no-drill holder on your Boss at present Sako????

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Ultrakla $$ic:

That is one sweet looking Mustang and engine bay. Also really like your Race Red color selection as it looks like the paint was just poured on your car. Very tastefully done.

You'll like having the new Peterson Fluid Systems PVC system upgrade as your engine oil will stay cleaner between oil changes.

Good luck with your mods.
302 Hi Pro
Dave

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
BigTaco said:
Money Sent.

Please confirm that you received the address.

Thanks,
BT

Got it, will ship tomorrow, assuming I can get out. We got 4-5 inches of straight ice so everything is completely shutdown.

On another note, and dont want to sound petty, but as I stated I would sell the brackets for $20 & $25 with paypal gift, if you are not using the gift option please cover the paypal fees. I know its not much, but I am also not getting much out of this either with material, time, shipping, etc. Thanks!

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Ultrakla$$ic said:
Thanks for doing this Brian. Did mine ship out yet?

It did not, we got 3-4 inches of straight ice here, so everything is shutdown. Hopefully be back tomorrow and be able to get it shipped, but the weather is not looking very good right now. Tennessee has actually declared a state of emergency

video I took from the house yesterday
[youtube]wvq6YrXMF2w[/youtube]

Ultrakla$$ic

302 Hi Pro said:
Ultrakla $$ic:

That is one sweet looking Mustang and engine bay. Also really like your Race Red color selection as it looks like the paint was just poured on your car. Very tastefully done.

You'll like having the new Peterson Fluid Systems PVC system upgrade as your engine oil will stay cleaner between oil changes.

Good luck with your mods.
302 Hi Pro
Dave

Thanks Dave!!

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
[quote author=Ultrakla$$ic]Thanks for doing this Brian. Did mine ship out yet?[/quote]

[quote author=BigTaco]Money Sent.Please confirm that you received the address.Thanks,BT[/quote]

All have shipped! pm's heading your guys way with tracking numbers

TMO Supporting Vendors