The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dirty Queens Racing Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
PJWANNABE said:
Dirty Queens Racing Trailer - sounds like a adult film. ;)

Everyone take it easy. The reference is to a card game; Canasta, which is a favorite in my family and in which the object is to get 7 of the same card to make a 'Canasta'. If you do this with 7 cards and no Joker then it is a clean canasta, if you use a Joker or a Deuce it's a 'Dirty Canasta'. The red Queens are my wife and youngest daughter who have light hair, the black Queen is my oldest daughter who has black hair. The Joker is of course me, who has almost no hair ;D It is a very obscure reference that we thought up 2 winters ago.
Steve
DQ_zps16c8c747.png

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
Congrates on the trailer. I didn't mean to sound so negative but after re-reading mine and other post, I think it did in fact sound more negative then I wanted. You are right, things have gone up so much, even a open tag trailer is very expensive no days. I do not know anything about the brand you choose, just seemed very high for what I saw. Aluminum trailers are great if built right, but that is the same with steel. Just most seem to know steel and how to weld it, better then aluminum. I've seen very nice aluminum trailers, and some rather bad designs, I expect yours is in the better range. When they frist started using the aluminum for the common trailer, I remember the many problems of cracked welds and poor design, hopefully we are beyond that. For about 10 years my father and I owned a trailer business, and I have personally owned 8 trailers for motorsports. My current trailer is an enclosed I designed several years ago, for our specific needs then. It runs 40 feet long, with a 18 foot long back section with a sprint car roof. I made the whole thing 12" higher then normal and the sprint car roof is another 18" above that. It gave us plenty of roof height for different vehicles. It has the normal race trailer looks, with full interior,living quarters and storage compartments. Just wish we used it more. Take care of your self and remember you have that extra weight behind you.

drano38

Wayne
PeteInCT said:
1) You should cross the front and the rear.
-Pete
cloud9 said:
I think this is one of those you say tomayto I say tomoto questions :D

+1
I've heard the advantage of crossing is it keeps the car from shifting sideways.
But if one fails, the remaining strap could pull the car off the edge of the trailer.
My rear straps are straight, but so short I don't think the car can shift.
Since I've got the fronts crossed and rears straight, I'm 100% sure 50% of my car is tied down properly. ;)

Steve ,Congrats on the trailer.You are going down a slippery slope!
Just remember to take out the pins before you try to take the car off the trailer!
If you are curious about what I am referring to, ask Pete!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
roketman said:
Steve ,Congrats on the trailer.You are going down a slippery slope!
Just remember to take out the pins before you try to take the car off the trailer!
If you are curious about what I am referring to, ask Pete!

That's only because you cause too much confusion to all that are around you ! ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
drano38 said:
+1
I've heard the advantage of crossing is it keeps the car from shifting sideways.
But if one fails, the remaining strap could pull the car off the edge of the trailer.
My rear straps are straight, but so short I don't think the car can shift.
Since I've got the fronts crossed and rears straight, I'm 100% sure 50% of my car is tied down properly. ;)

When I first started trailering the car I has the fronts straight (which were pretty short) and the rears crossed. Too many guys that have been hauling for years, as well as the place where I purchased the trailer when I asked them, said to cross both ends. Who knows. I guess the assumption is you will get more stability assuming the straps hold. If they don't all bets are off anyway ;D The Aluma trailer has a lengthwise ribbed deck surface that makes the tires pretty difficult to slide left/right. Unless, of course, you are going though the lower level of the George Washington bridge in Manhattan where your car can slip into a pothole not to be seen again....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel