The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Disable dash lights and chimes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
Is there a way to disable dash lights and chimes? Everything is going off while on track, sounds intermittently - I have an Aim Dash and racing wiring harness; SCT tune without the tuner. I’m especially lost with electrical work but hoped to figure this out over the winter. Thanks for any guidance.

I disabled my chimes by going into the back of the instrument cluster and disconnecting one of the speaker connectors soldered into the main board it is mounted to. I then connected a switch in the event I need it to chime. As for all the lights in the cluster I just made some 1/2" diameter dots from some matte black vinyl and covered all the light indicators that I didn't need to see. My tune from AED enables a few of those lights for the race tune and the performance tune does not have them lit up.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
I disabled my chimes by going into the back of the instrument cluster and disconnecting one of the speaker connectors soldered into the main board it is mounted to. I then connected a switch in the event I need it to chime. As for all the lights in the cluster I just made some 1/2" diameter dots from some matte black vinyl and covered all the light indicators that I didn't need to see.
Thanks BKBoss, that’s helpful to know - sounds easy enough, even for me!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
I disabled my chimes by going into the back of the instrument cluster and disconnecting one of the speaker connectors soldered into the main board it is mounted to. I then connected a switch in the event I need it to chime. As for all the lights in the cluster I just made some 1/2" diameter dots from some matte black vinyl and covered all the light indicators that I didn't need to see. My tune from AED enables a few of those lights for the race tune and the performance tune does not have them lit up.
BKBoss-I'm guessing/hoping the warning chime speaker is somewhere in the gauge cluster unit?

FCF0B7E3-8E54-49FD-BA65-9A63E53B274F.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
Is the circled part the speaker? Thanks for any info.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
Forgot the photo

19989F4B-AE89-4244-AC1D-A05EC8AB3EE8.jpeg

Yes that is the noise culprit. Find the connectors on the other side of the board and disconnect one of them with a soldering iron. Replace the connection with a switch if you want to control it or just leave it disconnected.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors