The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Disconnecting Skip Shift on 2012's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Well it sure acts like I'd does because it feels like it gates going into second if I am being gentle on the throttle.

When was the change made? This is an early car. I haven't been under it yet except for two oil changes so I'll have to check next time I have it up in the air.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
So I finally slid my ass under my early 2013 Boss and sure enough, there is a skip shift solenoid on the rear passenger side of the transmission. So this feature must have been pulled after the 2013 year model hit production.

Just FYI.

John

jneary said:
So I finally slid my ass under my early 2013 Boss and sure enough, there is a skip shift solenoid on the rear passenger side of the transmission. So this feature must have been pulled after the 2013 year model hit production.

Just FYI.

John
Did you unplug it? If I remember correctly the solenoid is on the passenger side high up in the middle of the tranny. The easy one to reach on the rear is not skip shift.

2013 Bosses do not (or are not supposed to) have skip shift. Mine shifts the same whether using regular or Trackey... No skip shift either way. If my '13 Boss were shifting like it had skip shift I'd make a beeline to the dealer.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
So, I have serial number 0010. Don't know what to say because it is there. I was wondering why it locks out of 2nd gear at low RPM and now I know.

The 2013 wiring diagram also shows it there. There is also a Ford rep on another board who said that it was removed mid year.

I didn't unplug it cause it is way up there, hard to reach and it doesn't bother me as I drive it hard most of the time.

John

jneary said:
There is also a Ford rep on another board who said that it was removed mid year.
It was announced that skip shift was not on the 2013's cars, not just Bosses, in advance of MY2013 production starting. I'm not saying your car doesn't have it but this rep is incorrect by a fair margin.

You should also check your owners manual to see if there is any reference to SS. On the 2012's there's a light on the dash that let's you know when SS is enabled and it's referenced in the manual.

TMO Supporting Vendors