The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DIY Dip Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have seen a few threads on here about doing your own dipping on car parts using kits like these: http://www.camodipkit.com

I am curious how well the finish has been holding up for you guys, especially on the engine parts. I am looking at doing some carbon fiber dipping and possible some camo dip as well...

I have a kit arriving today for a project on my wife's new Fusion. I'll let you know how it works.

Welcome to BMO.

NFSBOSS said:
I have a kit arriving today for a project on my wife's new Fusion. I'll let you know how it works.

Welcome to BMO.

awesome - i'd love to hear how it goes...

I plasti dipped my wifes cooper s rims and front grill. It looks like sh*t when you first start spraying the first coat or so and you will be thinking wtf did I just do. The first coat goes on light and looks awful but after couple more coats it looks great. Be sure to let it dry 20 min or so before next coat and hold the can upside down to clean the nozzle.

Haven't done water transfer stuff, but I wrapped my dash with 3M DiNoc vinyl. It turned out really well, and isn't too terribly hard to install. Here's a crappy picture of it, it isn't as shiny in person. It's actually a matte product.

534194_2694967340392_1250387704_n.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I did a bunch of engine parts on my boss they are holding up fine. Been a couple of months. Got my kit from mydipkit.com stay away from the camodipkit site...those kits blow

Justin did some really cool looking pieces with his kit. maybe we can convince him to repost pics so you can see what it looks like.

Justin said:
I did a bunch of engine parts on my boss they are holding up fine. Been a couple of months. Got my kit from mydipkit.com stay away from the camodipkit site...those kits blow
What's wrong with camodipkit? Been eyeing their tie dye one, but not if they don't work well or don't hold up.

TMO Supporting Vendors