The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DMV denied my vanity plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'13 BOSS'.

Someone help me, what the @#$%^ is wrong with '13 BOSS' on my 2013 BOSS?

The DMV just sent me a letter denying me these plates.

I'm so mad I could punch through a brick wall right now....

CaliMR said:
Maybe the 13?

I came up with one earlier today, but I already have a plate

JLBT302

Jailbait 302, because it a young one.

I can see how '13' might be seen as some gang reference but... I explained it's a 2013 Boss. Nobody would interpret this plate as a gang thing on THIS particular car, would they? Would have looked SO nice next to Fatboss' '12 BOSS'...

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
TheMarco said:
CaliMR said:
Maybe the 13?

JLBT302

I can see how '13' might be seen as some gang reference but... I explained it's a 2013 Boss. Nobody would interpret this plate as a gang thing on THIS particular car, would they? Would have looked SO nice next to Fatboss' '12 BOSS'...
It's a MS13 thing. Could get you shot in a drive by living in CA.

MMD

MakeMyDay said:
TheMarco said:
CaliMR said:
Maybe the 13?

JLBT302

It's a MS13 thing. Could get you shot in a drive by living in CA.

MMD

Hmmm... hadn't thought of that. Chances are I'll end up in LA with my car sometimes so maybe it's for the better. Too bad we live in such a @#$@#% up world...

TheMarco said:
'13 BOSS'.

Yesterday I went and got my plate and I was able to secure "13 BOSS"!!! But I am in Florida... I'm really shocked it was not already taken. Now I just have to wait six weeks to get it in

killerwill13 said:
TheMarco said:
'13 BOSS'.

Yesterday I went and got my plate and I was able to secure "13 BOSS"!!! But I am in Florida... I'm really shocked it was not already taken. Now I just have to wait six weeks to get it in

Well... I 'secured' it too about 6 weeks ago but still got a letter from the DMV telling me I wasn't going to get '13 BOSS' and they're going to refund the money I paid.

I guess you get ready for the same to happen to you...

I'm pretty sure I should be fine here in Florida. I have gotten several personalized plates and the only one they denied me was"kick ass" which I still want but to get it I have to have a company with that name. So there is a kick ass developments company in my future lol

in mass the plate can't start with a number. maybe you have some stupid rules like we do.

When I was in highschool I had RACE ME they never thought twice about that one.

The last time Cali checked RCWALP was still available. ;)

killerwill13 said:

I got the FL 12 B0SS plate and have 7D B0SS also

Sorry to hear you're not getting my alter ego's plate... :(

I truly think it's a judgement call on whoever is working the personalized plates at that moment. For example plenty of reviewers would never have let me have the one on my truck: FAT DESL I'm sure I'm violating the civil rights of "big boned" people all over the state! ;D

You missed a great day running with Team Shelby today Marco. I drove home the long way with the owner of a RR/W '12. Oliver and I took HWY 9 to Black Rd on the way back and I'm very glad he knows that road. Its a 2nd gear road with very steep downhills and lots of switchbacks. Incredible driving!

Used to run 9 to the coast a lot, haven't taken the Boss yet as she is a bit big boned. Also sort of a crap shoot whether you get stuck behind a prius with nowhere to pass for an hour :mad:

Vermont
TheMarco said:
'13 BOSS'.

In VT, we can't have more than 2 numbers in a vanity plate and the letter O counts as a number (zero), so 13 BOSS would be denied also. Don't understand the reasoning.

TMO Supporting Vendors