The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do The Screw In Your 302 2015 Friday May 22nd @ Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Re: Do The Screw In Your 302 2015 Update Please Read

NFSBOSS said:
Just a couple of last minute details in no particular order:
[snip]

* For those not parking in the garage try and park behind us, we'll be in garages 17-12. Updated assignments are below.

Friday morning.

Garage pairings:

17. Steve full garage- Run group D
16. Rick and Bret split garage- Run group C
15. Doug full garage- Instructor
14. Grant full garage- run group C
13. Jared and Andy split garage- Run groups C & A
12. Dave- Run group C

It's usually a HOD thing keeping the paddock area behind rented garages clear for those trailering their cars. If nobody is trailering I think it's a great idea to group together at the BMO garages. I happen to be trailering my car to the event so if folks could not line up directly behind garage 15 I'd appreciate it. Once my car is off the trailer somebody can probably park behind it and folks are welcome to also store trunk stuff or their things. in my trailer for the day.

Here's the info on the group photo at the finish line. We'll pre-grid at 12:15 and then drive out onto the track. The cost will be $10 per car.

My friend Bret is a last minute scratch from the event.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Just in case, for those coming tonight, 400 Tyler St, Monterey, CA 93940. I'll try to be there early enough to grab enough spaces in the garage together (shouldn't be a problem). If you need to get a hold of me, my cell is 9046082256.

ufnavy06

Had a great time today guys. Hope to see many of you back in town in August for the GT350 and the Historics.

Here's my GoPro from today for those interested.

17abd8a2e2d75f0a7b8fa6f8ca7c1952.jpg

Came off in turn 2 on my 4th session. Amazingly enough, the microSD card was still intact so I should have video of it.

ufnavy06

After looking through the videos, it lasted 17:40 into the session. There were two videos for the session each about 1.85 gb with the first being 8:50 long and the second well it's corrupted since it met its untimely demise. I'll look into recovering it tomorrow.

A bit disappointing it almost made it through the entire session, but I had a feeling it might not make it and left it anyways.

Back home and what a great day today. Hopefully Tri-Bar made it home ok. He developed a hole in his oil pan and was scrambling to get something to plug the hole so he could drive it home. Big thanks to SDS for helping Tri-Bar with the repair. I should have some good splitter cam video during one session where I got behind several BMO member cars to capture them on vid. Some nice photos including the big group photo. Also some vid of wingrider getting a bit sideways in turn 2. I'm pooped so check back in the AM.

I did make it home safely. However not all was sunshine and roses. Hood pins do need to be checked after checking your oil. I did not. Hood came up, hit the windshield and put small dents on the roof. Just more crap to fix.. This is getting old. My GoPro didn't record anything all day.. I had great runs and no way to prove it. I want to thank eveyone who helped me out, world class for sure. Great group of guys we have here, THANK YOU! HOD runs a good program. We need to do it again sometime.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Tri-bar and I were the last to leave. I hope I'm glad you guys got home okay. Sorry to hear about the hood. :(

A lot of mechanical issues for our group today. Had a blast, but most grateful for finishing the day without issue. Well, aside from practicing my Mustang TetrisTM and suspension tuning on short session intervals.

Good times and great people! Glad to put more names to faces...looking forward to the next BMO-west meet. :)

ufnavy06

Rick, yesterday was the last time I'm doing splitter cam. Glad to hear everyone got home safely. Tri-bar, there's always something but you still had a great time and I definitely appreciated talking with you. And I definitely owe you a drink. Come check out the GT350 in August and we'll make it happen.

It was a blast, the car before the oil pan leak was working very well, I was able to put it anywhere on the track..I want to do more with all of you guys. I had three very fun/fast sessions. Now to get it all fix for next time. ufnavy06 would love to, you can buy me a Soda.

Good Day Guys! Nice to meet everyone and hang out even if I didn't get to spend much time on the track. The wheels are already turning on how to get the noise level down. 90db days may just be out for me in the future. But we will give it our best shot with some resonators, laguna pipes, and maybe change from H to X to see what that does with the sound. The Hooked on Driving folks are taking care of me and I really appreciate that. Class act and best run track days I have been on.

Looking forward to the next time!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel