The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do you Have Track Key?

Have you installed the Track Key Optioin on your Boss?

• Yes

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

have trakey, am now addicted to engine braking and loud idle when warm and coming home after a nice long ride (the longer you drive the louder the darn idle is!) :)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Do we even have a siler key ? ;D

Mine was used twice, once to drive my LS home and once to drive it back to the dealership to get TK installed !

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
BossJockey said:
I have Trackey but still use the other key about 20% of the time. If I'm going on a longer trip that requires Interstate use, then I'll use the boring key. ;)
yeah for a long trip I would use it for cruise control.

I'm getting the steeda intake and getting it tuned will be way better then the key that they want 550 to install anyway why waste the money on the key that you'll have too keep that ugly plastic intake

Phiffzooted said:
I'm getting the steeda intake and getting it tuned will be way better then the key that they want 550 to install anyway why waste the money on the key that you'll have too keep that ugly plastic intake
Because it maintains your warranty??? :eek:

Justin

Phiffzooted said:
in the end wish I would have went that route. Warranty or not

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Phiffzooted said:
Hey hot shot - first, the Steeda intake is also what you would refer to as a "plastic" intake. Also, I would like to know who on this planet charges 550 dollars to install Trak Key as this would be the most expensive intall on planet Earth. Finally, please let our forum see the dyno results, both before and after mods, as I' d like to see if the 1000 dollars you spend on this mod was worth it.

MMD

Justin

[
te author=MakeMyDay link=topic=2050.msg34010#msg34010 date=1338149197]
Phiffzooted said:
Hey hot shot - first, the Steeda intake is also what you would refer to as a "plastic" intake. Also, I would like to know who on this planet charges 550 dollars to install Trak Key as this would be the most expensive intall on planet Earth. Finally, please let our forum see the dyno results, both before and after mods, as I' d like to see if the 1000 dollars you spend on this mod was worth it.

MMD
[/quote] where do you get that it cost 1000 for there intake and tune? http://www.steeda.com/store/boss-mustang-cold-air-intake.html

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Phiff zooted that he was paying 550 dollars to do the Trak Key install. To me that's a bit steep. I picked this up for 280 total. I figured if Phiff paid 550 dollars, then 1000 dollars has to be a reasonable estimate for a plastic Steeda intake. Phiff wasn't clear if he was going to buy an intake manifold (302R) or a CAI. Also, the Steeda tune alone costs about 400.

Cali - Tell that you didn't pay 550 for Trak Key.

MMD

Justin

MakeMyDay said:
Phiff zooted that he was paying 550 dollars to do the Trak Key install. To me that's a bit steep. I picked this up for 280 total. I figured if Phiff paid 550 dollars, then 1000 dollars has to be a reasonable estimate for a plastic Steeda intake. Phiff wasn't clear if he was going to buy an intake manifold (302R) or a CAI. Also, the Steeda tune alone costs about 400.

MMD
I do believe he was talking about the CAI and the steeda tune is 387 and comes with a SCT tuner that is where most of the price comes from the hand held tuner so that is cheaper than buying the voucher and having it installed which most have paid in the 400's for. The steeda tune will be better than the ford tune IMO as it gives you the extra power and better throttle response etc and you can select different octanes. throw the intake in with the mix for around 790 total and it will blow away the Trackey all day long....but you dont get a warranty. That is its only down fall.

boss2511 said:
MakeMyDay said:

MMD
I do believe he was talking about the CAI and the steeda tune is 387 and comes with a SCT tuner that is where most of the price comes from the hand held tuner so that is cheaper than buying the voucher and having it installed which most have paid in the 400's for. The steeda tune will be better than the ford tune IMO as it gives you the extra power and better throttle response etc and you can select different octanes. throw the intake in with the mix for around 790 total and it will blow away the Trackey all day long....but you dont get a warranty. That is its only down fall.
"blow away"? Hard to do when it's not an apple to apple comparison. Ford has never said it increases HP. Remember it's called TracKey not drag strip key. ;)

TK retails for $302 and the install should be $80 to $120. Order TK from Toulsey and make some calls to service departments to find a good install price.

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
boss2511 said:
MakeMyDay said:

MMD
"blow away"? Hard to do when it's not an apple to apple comparison. Ford has never said it increases HP. Remember it's called TracKey not drag strip key. ;)

TK retails for $302 and the install should be $80 to $120. Order TK from Toulsey and make some calls to service departments to find a good install price.
lol I know its not apples to apples but it is apples to apples price wise. So for the money it does blow it away. Thats what I meant by saying that.

Now for something that you want to have and it retain a warranty then yes the TK cant be beat. All depends on what you are willing to give up or are looking to get.
Tousley ford charges around 230 with shipping for the voucher. I paid 119 with tax for the labor to install it.

Why are you all jumping down my throat thought we all had the same car here and wee suppose to help each other. yes freehold ford in new jersey told me 300 for the voulcher and 250 install. I also thought that was a little too much that why I backed off and called another ford dealer they told me the same, now I wana purchase the steeda intake and purchase the tune and bring it to evolution in pa to do the work to tune. I don't see a big problem with that the tune I get from them should be better then any ford tune will be I want the full potential out of my car it's around 800 with tuner so why would I waste 550 and keep that ugly plastic black box yes it will be around 1,000 all together or more with installing but it a 50,000 car im not cheap and I'd rather spend that 550 on the tuner and intake and I'll be happy to post dyno tune as I will have More hp then the track key would make

Especially if they track key only help in certain areas of the car I want more hp and for that I need a intake and tuner warrenry issue I'm not worried I'll take my tuner put back to stock tune and put my old intake on big deal

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel