The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do you Have Track Key?

Have you installed the Track Key Optioin on your Boss?

• Yes

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have it and rarely use the silver key.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Yes, love it on the track. Plus you get "launch control" for the dragstrip, standing starts, leaving pit boxes, or just hooning. Oh yeah, and it's warrantied.

5 DOT 0 said:

I am jealous Rick! I rarely run into 93 (laced w/ ethanol) and even then my boss knocks like crazy upon throttle tip in. But I still putt around town to listen to the idle at stop lights :)

1TRKMND said:
5 DOT 0 said:

I am jealous Rick! I rarely run into 93 (laced w/ ethanol) and even then my boss knocks like crazy upon throttle tip in. But I still putt around town to listen to the idle at stop lights :)

You NEED 93 with Trackey? If that's the case there's little point in getting it for me because I have never seen a gas station that has 93 here in the Bay Area.

I use track key 99% of the time. I'm lucky, i use 93 octaine at 100% gasoline, and boy will she talk to ya. The gas station is only 1.5 miles from the house. It cost a little more but her chatter is worth it.

TheMarco said:
1TRKMND said:
5 DOT 0 said:

You NEED 93 with Trackey? If that's the case there's little point in getting it for me because I have never seen a gas station that has 93 here in the Bay Area.
91. No 93 in many states including CA.

TheMarco said:
1TRKMND said:
5 DOT 0 said:

There is 100 in a few places in the bay, man up ;D

I was a little worried at first, but I use gas from the Chevron down the street from me and have never had it knock even when I let someone drive it and they lug it. Just get gas from a busy station so there is a lot of turn over. Never get gas at the station across from Alice's, the one time I used it my bike knocked so hard I just tossed it in neutral to get down the hill then drained the gas and refilled.

CaliMR said:
TheMarco said:
1TRKMND said:
5 DOT 0 said:

There is 100 in a few places in the bay, man up ;D

Where? I haven't seen it. pure-gas.org is depressing as well by the way. 5 stations in the entire state of California. WTF... :-\

There used to be a bunch of them, I would get a can full for track days and mix in a little at each fill up on the turbo car as a safety net. I went to the 76 on Woodside Road in Redwood City. I just looked at the sunoco website and it doesn't show them anymore. There was always a line into the street during peak hours, don't know if they still have it as the turbo found a new home a few years ago and it is a waste of money on my other cars.

The site I used to use to find them is gone too, and sunoco says the 260 GT (100 octane oxygenated unleaded) is no longer street legal in CA. Sucks.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Phiffzooted said:
I have the track key but I'm also Going to purchase the jlt intake, with that tune. wouldn't my track key be pointless??
your track key does indeed become useless.

and I would reconsider that JLT intake read this article
http://www.steedablog.com/2012/03/mustang-cold-air-intake-truth/

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have the trackey never use the silver key. I did give it a try a few days ago and couldnt stand not having the engine braking and the way the it sounded.

I run 93 with 10% junk I never hear any detonation.

TMO Supporting Vendors