The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do you think we should have our Boss sn# in your sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought it would be handy if everyone had their Boss SN and year in their signature, not the vin, but whats on the intake. I'm posting this because of problems we may share and can correlate to a serial number along with the build year.
I'm posting this for selfish reason's because of an issue that I posted earlier, but I'm sure it could be useful if your looking for an answer to your own issue.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
racered302 said:
OK now that your on board any others? I wasn't sure how to take that. Still not.

Well, I think it could be useful...which is why I already had it in my sig. However, I don't think it should be required. I just thought it was a little ironic that you brought up the suggestion, but didn't have it in your sig yet. I kind of thought my post would have just prompted you to do it! :)

racered302 said:
I do # 1128. From day 1.
Well technically it's not in your sig. ;)

Everyone is free to do so but it won't ever be required. I had mine in my signature for a short time and decided to omit it. I think it's more useful to see your name.

BTW there's a low correlation between the serial number and vehicle ID or even when it was made. The serial number was applied when you car went to the final assembly (trim line?) and could be out of order relative to when it came off the assembly line. There's another number that was on your car (blend number?) that is a better indication of when it was produced relative to other cars and PTRocks can explain it better than I can.

The Topic I posted was a question, not a requirement, I just wanted feedback. I'm not trying to force anybody in to doing anything they don't want to do. It was a suggestion. A base point to work from. I posted my SN under my label or avatar or what ever it's called. As long as there's a reference. The number we see under the hood is a number that's in your face, a blend number is an abstract number that no one knows about. Work with me here.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I have it in mine, but don't think it has to be a requirement. I would like to see maybe a general city in peoples Sig, so if you wanted to PM them about maybe getting together for an event. As I type this I realize I don't have it in mine (though my name has my zip code in it). LOL

Brian

I would also like to suggest that we start including our social security number, and ATM P.I.N. numbers. :p :p. Seriously though, I think it's pretty cool just knowing how close your car is, in sequence, to the person who's posts you are reading.

Grant 302

racered302 said:
I do # 1128. From day 1.

Oops. I don't even know what profile field that is you're using! And like Rick says...That's not your Sig!

Sometimes it's just interesting to know who got the early builds...who might have a car that was produced next to yours...and who might have the same warranty issues.

racered302 said:
The Topic I posted was a question, not a requirement, I just wanted feedback. I'm not trying to force anybody in to doing anything they don't want to do. It was a suggestion. A base point to work from. I posted my SN under my label or avatar or what ever it's called. As long as there's a reference. The number we see under the hood is a number that's in your face, a blend number is an abstract number that no one knows about. Work with me here.
No problem and I didn't take it that way. Regardless I'd still rather see everyone's name and where they are from. Unfortunately our software doesn't have an option for location.

Grant 302

808Boss said:
Already done! ;D. Grant 302, are you from Hawaii? just wondering about the 808 number. (or that's what it looks like)

Yup. Born and raised. Just had to get off the rock before I got too old! Or since I *am* too old!

TMO Supporting Vendors