The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Does anyone else like there mt82?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This was my first manual car, so I learned how to drive on the boss. Every time something wrong happens, I just blame my driving skills and not the transmission lol.

I had the fluid replaced before this track season. I believe the race shop used BG synchro shift II. They service a boss LS, which uses the BG fluid and is frequently tracked. They recommended the BG fluid and I went with it. The BG fluid made shifting alot smoother, specially in colder weather. The only "notchiness" I feel in the morning is from the shifter when it's cold out. So, I just row through the gears before I start driving, and that lubricates the components enough to get things started smoothly.

Oh and I don't mind the MT-82. I'm just worried that at some point my clutch spring holders will give in and the spring will break off... similar to what some of you guys have experienced.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
NFSBOSS said:
Ok maybe I'm missing it but I don't see any additive listed on this TSB. In fact it states the following:

"The use of friction modifiers or other fluid additives
is not recommended since although they may
provide some immediate improvement in cold shift
effort, they are likely to result in long term
degradation of the synchronizers."

Rick
The XL-18 additive bottle is labeled specifically " MT-82 transmission additive".
I will take a picture and post tomorrow.
Steve

steveespo said:
Rick
The XL-18 additive bottle is labeled specifically " MT-82 transmission additive".
Steve
Thanks but no need for a photo. If there is a TSB I'd like to have it for my archives. I have almost twenty but not this one.

steveespo said:
Rick
Steve

I will print the photo and take it to my dealer when I try to order the additive...just to prove to them that it exists. :p

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
NFSBOSS said:
Thanks but no need for a photo. If there is a TSB I'd like to have it for my archives. I have almost twenty but not this one.

I don't know that there is a TSB directing its use, must be but I haven't seen it, I was made aware over on SVT where it was shown on a list of Motorcraft Chemicals and Lubricants.
SE

Dont know if its the MGW shifter or transmission, but every few drives, I find myself going from 1st to 4th..during a slow acceleration. Its really annoying. Still driving with stock clutch but the trans fluid is BG SynchroShift 2.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Thought you guys might get a kick from this reply from Ford Customer Service. I've pinged them three times now over the dealer's indecision about fixing my balky clutch.

"After reviewing the case number provided, it was confirmed by the dealership that they are waiting for the software upgrade to resolve you concern and no fix available at this time."

Hmmm. They are going to fix my clutch with a software patch. I wonder if that chip in the hood paint is really just a virus...... Maybe I can get a Norton product for my car?

SeattleBoss said:
Thought you guys might get a kick from this reply from Ford Customer Service. I've pinged them three times now over the dealer's indecision about fixing my balky clutch.

"After reviewing the case number provided, it was confirmed by the dealership that they are waiting for the software upgrade to resolve you concern and no fix available at this time."

Hmmm. They are going to fix my clutch with a software patch. I wonder if that chip in the hood paint is really just a virus...... Maybe I can get a Norton product for my car?

A worm would make more sense, virus would be if your trunk opened for no reason. That sounds like some grade A BS.

I'm pretty happy with mine. I love the ratios. The aftermarket shifter fixed most of the shifting problem.

Mine will occasionally grind 5th when it's cold. It's just a quirk that I live with. I give it extra time between 4th and 5th when it's cold and it's fine.

TMO Supporting Vendors