The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Does anyone have the production numbers by color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am just curious as to the 2012 Boss production numbers for each color produced. If I remember correctly, the Laguna Seca was something like 600 Black to 150 Silver, but I haven't seen anything for the regular Boss cars. Anyone?

This is a question for the registry forum. I'd also like to know.

BLAZN BOSS

Are these ford totals?............Are there only 250 Yellow Blaze Bosses built...or is this your info youve collected so far?

BLAZN BOSS said:
Are these ford totals?............Are there only 250 Yellow Blaze Bosses built...or is this your info you've collected so far?

These are our totals. Ford stopped building YB cars in early August. I have found 252 YB cars, including one pre-production that was likely sold, and the sole YB/White car in existence.

Click on each image to enlarge to its proper size.

al-numbers-boss-production-breakdown-dec-23_page_1.jpg

al-numbers-boss-production-breakdown-dec-23_page_2.jpg

al-numbers-boss-production-breakdown-dec-23_page_3.jpg

BLAZN BOSS

PTRocks said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
Are these ford totals?............Are there only 250 Yellow Blaze Bosses built...or is this your info you've collected so far?

These are our totals. Ford stopped building YB cars in early August. I have found 252 YB cars, including one pre-production that was likely sold, and the sole YB/White car in existence.
mine was built aug 2nd and was 232..........just currious of the total of YB's. BTW your sheets didnt post the last time

BLAZN BOSS said:
PTRocks said:
mine was built aug 2nd and was 232..........just currious of the total of YB's. BTW your sheets didnt post the last time

Thanks, I've fixed the images.

On July 29th, Aug. 1st, Aug. 2nd Ford built only YB Bosses to finish the run with that paint. 51 cars were built in three days.

Yellow Blaze was surely a color option to jump on early in the 2011/2012 ordering scheme.Who knew it would be discontinued (for production reasons) before the model yr was out. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a blessing or a curse that I didn't order my Boss in that color? (it was a $500.00 option...that may have came into play)..Still My CO Boss turns heads when I'm out and I'm sure a YB would too as it changed hues in the different day and nite lites....

Last edited:
Yellow Blaze was surely a color option to jump on early in the 2011/2012 ordering scheme.Who knew it would be discontinued (for production reasons) before the model yr was out. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a blessing or a curse that I didn't order my Boss in that color? (it was a $500.00 option...that may have came into play)..Still My CO Boss turns heads when I'm out and I'm sure a YB would too as it changed hues in the different day and nite lites....

It just didn't seem to be very popular. When I bought my Boss 302 in June 2011 there was a brand new Yellow Blaze sitting on the lot and could have been had for LESS THAN MSRP.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I can see the YB color not being popular if you were looking at it online because you have to see it "live" to really appreciate it's beauty.

TMO Supporting Vendors