The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Does Caster equal strut angle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi there everyone,

Quick Question: Is my caster angle equal to the degree to which my strut is tilted away from vertical?

I just used a digital level to measure that my strut leans back 6.9 degrees... is that my caster, and is that a decent amount for track use?

Thanks!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Yes, in the vertical plane running front to back of the car. The strut should be close to the exact angle, but the actual angle will be between the pivot point in the top strut mount and the ball joint below. I'm not 100% sure they are perfectly co-axial.

You should be fine anywhere close to 7 degrees, I'd shoot for more than 7. IMO, more is better for the track for both steering feel and camber gain.

TMO Supporting Vendors