The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Does the airbag recall have the final parts now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys - I have a 2013 LS and have delayed having the airbag recall done because for the longest time the new parts were only temporary replacements (i.e. the updated parts were not available so they were replacing the old airbags with the same exact parts). When I entered my VIN today, though, the message on the Ford website is different and does not mention anything about it being a temporary fix.

Does anyone know if the current recall parts are the 'final' updated parts? Thank you in advance.

John

US
I get phone calls , texts and letters from Ford DAILY! For the last 6 months!! Last i checked, the local dealers don't even have the parts. I dont know Wtf. Rarely drive the car so im I'm no rush.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Both replaced over a year ago. First time I went to the dealer they said they needed to order the replacements. Few months later I got a letter stating the bags were in. Took less than a day and I was good to go.

Thank you for the updates, guys!

Just to be clear - did they use the final replacement parts or just the temporary ones (as had been the case for the last year or 2)?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Ford is slowly pushing the parts availability for earlier cars now. Parts for '12+ have been available for a while for both driver and passenger sides. Notice for the passenger side on my '11 just came in.

Nothing about temporary parts in any of my notices. Just make sure they have the part before you go in.

I only had notices for the driver side on my '14. When I asked them, they said it's only the driver side that's an issue. Does the '14 have different passenger ones from the previous years?

I got a letter in the mail last week about joining in on a class action lawsuit involving these airbags? Not sure how I was injured or harmed by this issue (not involved in an accident) but I guess if free money is involved some people will take advantage of it................even though the lawyers get 99.9% of the settlement.

Tim

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel