The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Does the dealer REALLY have to re-program to add another spare my key?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
My old Escape used to be able to re-program via a key sequence. Do I really have to take the car in to the dealer to get another spare key?

John

If you have 2 working keys, you can program a 3rd by yourself. It's in the owners manual. If you only have 1 working key, dealer trip is in your future.

aircare84 said:
If you have 2 working keys, you can program a 3rd by yourself. It's in the owners manual. If you only have 1 working key, dealer trip is in your future.
Yep, I purchased a third key a long time ago and programmed it so I had three. But now I can't find that third key. :eek:

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
And this is true whether I have Trackey installed or not? Also, when you ordered, I assume that you had to give them the key code to get it cut?

Thanks!!!

John

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
jneary said:
And this is true whether I have Trackey installed or not? Also, when you ordered, i assume rhat you had to give them the key code to get it cut?

Thanks!!!

John

If your dealer has your vin they can cut the key from their database. Key code is available.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel