The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Donald Farr's 302 Book (In Owner's Kit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
Has anyone read this book or begun reading it yet? It's quite a fascinating read. I'd love to own a copy of the original book by Farr; it fetches a few hundred bucks on ebay right now so I think I'll hold off for a bit until I can come across a copy for less. ::)

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
I bought a 2012 version from Amazon prior to owning my car, and then received the 2013 version with the owner's kit. Subtle difference between the two (probably not enough to own both) but for $20 I couldn't wait.

This by far has been THE single best ownership experience I've had with any of my 25 cars in the past 20 years. This book along with all of the other little details included with the Boss (if Track Attack can be considered little) really makes you appreciate what is parked in your garage.

If you guys haven't read it...make the time...totally worthwhile read.

I have a copy of the original Donald Farr book. It is THE Boss 302 book for the original cars. The prices on them just keep going up though. I know they were trying to get it reprinted but for some reason were unable to get it done. If you find one grab it.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
Boostd4 said:
I bought a 2012 version from Amazon prior to owning my car, and then received the 2013 version with the owner's kit. Subtle difference between the two (probably not enough to own both) but for $20 I couldn't wait.

This by far has been THE single best ownership experience I've had with any of my 25 cars in the past 20 years. This book along with all of the other little details included with the Boss (if Track Attack can be considered little) really makes you appreciate what is parked in your garage.

If you guys haven't read it...make the time...totally worthwhile read.

I could not have said it better. Ford really makes the ownership experience with this vehicle special and unique. What a moment it is to be able to take part in this special place in Ford's history. Whether I keep the Boss 302 or sell it down the road (that's not gonna happen if I can help it), this car will forever be the highlight vehicle of my life. It truly is such a special car. The emotional reaction it gets out of people who sit either behind the wheel of this behemoth or in the passenger seat is timeless and memorable in it's own right. What an honor it is to be just that age and in just that position to be able to take advantage of this as an original owner. The folks who passed these up just don't know what they're missing. ::)

aarcox2013 said:
I could not have said it better. Ford really makes the ownership experience with this vehicle special and unique. What a moment it is to be able to take part in this special place in Ford's history. Whether I keep the Boss 302 or sell it down the road (that's not gonna happen if I can help it), this car will forever be the highlight vehicle of my life. It truly is such a special car. The emotional reaction it gets out of people who sit either behind the wheel of this behemoth or in the passenger seat is timeless and memorable in it's own right. What an honor it is to be just that age and in just that position to be able to take advantage of this as an original owner. The folks who passed these up just don't know what they're missing. ::)

Totally agree about the passenger experience. A good friend has a '68 Hurst Olds. It is perfect. He was blown away this week by the sound and experience. Read the book for sure. Definitely try the BOSS with no exhaust disks. Track key...absolutely.

aarcox2013 said:
.........this car will forever be the highlight vehicle of my life. It truly is such a special car.

I couldn't have said it better.

I bought Donald Farr's first book back in the 1980's at a swap meet, today it's rather worn!

After I got my owner's kit for my 2012 and when the '13's came out with the revised book I had to have one. I was able to get one and living outside of Tampa, I went over to Don's office and got his signature on all three.

BLAZN BOSS

Boss_302 said:
I couldn't have said it better.

I bought Donald Farr's first book back in the 1980's at a swap meet, today it's rather worn!

After I got my owner's kit for my 2012 and when the '13's came out with the revised book I had to have one. I was able to get one and living outside of Tampa, I went over to Don's office and got his signature on all three.
Whats different in the latest issue of the book?

TMO Supporting Vendors