The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Done with vanity plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After previously getting '13 BOSS' denied for my car the DMV, in it's wisdom, has now decided to also deny my 'BOSSFTW' application.

I think I'm done with these f*ckers. I'll try it again some day when I don't live in California anymore.

When I first ventured on the the internet and saw FTW, I thought it meant **** The World like all the gangbangers get tattooed on them. I couldn't figure out why people kept posting it in what seemed inappropriate places.

Nowadays the 'For The Win' meaning is by far the most common one.
Guess I'll save my money for a track key rather than vanity plates. Maybe I'll try it again some day when I live in another state than CA...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Justin said:
that sucks. can you get FTHEDMV?

I did see H8ND405...

But I'm also frustrated with the process. Can't use numbers for letters, '69' anywhere is a nono unless your car is a 1969...I suspect anything with 'F' is looked at strongly. Maybe I should try for 'FU BOSS'. ;)

Sesshomurai

You can search online on DMV's website for personalized plates and then order them on the spot if it says they are available....save yourself some headaches...

That just shows it is not taken and that it doesn't violate the hard rules (no 69, etc) but it can still be denied later. FWIW BOSS302 shows as available in CA but when you put the order through it won't let you have it.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
That just shows it is not taken and that it doesn't violate the hard rules (no 69, etc) but it can still be denied later. FWIW BOSS302 shows as available in CA but when you put the order through it won't let you have it.
Why cant you get BOSS302 in ca? that is just ridiculous

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
CaliMR said:

I have noticed that also. CA has you go through the whole procedure of trying to purchase a plate, including inputing your cc info, and at the very end, the requested plate may not be available.

However, before, you close the browser, you can check the availability of other combinations and know if they are available right away.

four-walling said:
CaliMR said:

I have noticed that also. CA has you go through the whole procedure of trying to purchase a plate, including inputing your cc info, and at the very end, the requested plate may not be available.

However, before, you close the browser, you can check the availability of other combinations and know if they are available right away.

Good to know, though I doubt I will be getting another one. You can also be denied down the road even if they take your money.

My ex lost a bet so I ordered a set of plates for her that basically translated to I suck you know what in her native language. When they showed up she backed out and refused to put them on her car. But it was worth the cost just because I teased her about "bust a deal, face the wheel" for about 6 months straight. Then we broke up. Still worth it.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Wow, that's hardcore. Don't think I wanna place any wagers with you on who will win the MLB All-Star "Shame". :D

TMO Supporting Vendors