The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Don't trust your fuel gauge on track!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noticed this too, my understanding is that we have a saddle tank and it pools on one side then settles out later. I would "lose" about 1/4 tank when I got off track. My other car does not have a functional fuel gauge at all so it isn't that big a deal now that I know 2 session = fill it, but it is a bit odd they didn't take it into account since it is a race car with a plate ;) Guy I was pitted next to in a C5 Z06 said his car has pumps to even out the bags, but he has had them fail a couple times.

I ended up buying a couple cheap 5 gallon tanks from walmart and a long funnel. The funnel is a pain to get past the trap door but the price was right (have to slide the funnel in to hit one of the tabs then use a screw driver to depress the other side - then push the funnel in). It's not the ideal way but I can't justify $30 for a can x 3 or 4.

TMO Supporting Vendors