The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DORA/LAGUNA SECA QUESTION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Hey people - can you help me out? I pulled the trigger on a new '13 LS on Tuesday. My dealer sent me the DORA today. It indicates:

MUSTANG GT COUPE PREMIUM 42, 2000. 00
UA BLACK
M BOSS RECARO CLOTH SEATS
W DARK CHARCOAL
EQUIPMENT GROUP 501A 6,995.00
•SYNC PACKAGE
•BOSS INTERIOR PACKAGE
•HOCKEY STICK SIDE STRIPE
•PEDESTAL REAR SPOILER NO 2
99U •302 HI -PO V8 NC
44X .6-SPEED MANUAL TRANS MT82 NC
T37 .P255i40R19 F P285/35R19 R TIRE NC
12B BOSS PACKAGE FLOOR MATS NC
855 STERLING GREY TAPE STRIPE
97B BOSS CAR COVER,FLR MATS *Accn 475.00
425 50 STATE EMISSIONS NC
TOTAL BEFORE D&D DISCOUNTS 49,670.10

Question - Does this look right? I'm concerned that the price is not the 49,990 MSRP that Ford indicated for the price of the new 2013 LS. Also concerned that the DORA indicates it is based on the Mustang GT Premium. Well - what do you think? Is this correct?

Thanks,

VA Boss

Looks correct to me. It could be worse, it could state it's based on a V6. ;D

Dvendet

Would you know if the DORA should also include the rear axle gear ratio?

I'm looking at pg 14 of the 2013 Mustang ordering guide which specifies the rear axle ratios. I think this page is related to the Boss but I'm not sure. It indicates the standard ratio is 3.33:1 (453). It indicates also ratios:

3.55:1 (455) and,
3.73:1 (457)

as options if I am reading this ordering guide correctly. I was under the impression that the 3.73:1 was the standard. What ratio do you have? Is the 3.33:1 typically for drag-racing with the 3.73:1 for track use?

Thanks,

VA Boss

Dvendet

bkaser90 said:
What should the MSRP be on a regular Boss then? I thought it was around $45k?

I've read the Standard Boss as being priced at 42,995.

see

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1072626_prices-increasing-on-most-2013-ford-mustang-models

VA Boss

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
VA Boss said:
Would you know if the DORA should also include the rear axle gear ratio?

I'm looking at pg 14 of the 2013 Mustang ordering guide which specifies the rear axle ratios. I think this page is related to the Boss but I'm not sure. It indicates the standard ratio is 3.33:1 (453). It indicates also ratios:

3.55:1 (455) and,
3.73:1 (457)

as options if I am reading this ordering guide correctly. I was under the impression that the 3.73:1 was the standard. What ratio do you have? Is the 3.33:1 typically for drag-racing with the 3.73:1 for track use?

Thanks,

VA Boss

There is no optional ratio for the BOSS. It is 3.73 or nothing. The other ratios listed are either standard or optional for the other Mustang models.

Dvendet

There is no optional ratio for the BOSS. It is 3.73 or nothing. The other ratios listed are either standard or optional for the other Mustang models.
[/quote]

Thanks for putting my mind at rest! Appreciate your help.

VA Boss

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
If you got it at Sticker you got a good deal. My brother is a GM at a Ford Dealer and he sold and LS last year for 10k over sticker to another Ford dealer and they marked it up and sold it. Great buy!!

Brian

Dvendet

batman48195 said:
If you got it at Sticker you got a good deal. My brother is a GM at a Ford Dealer and he sold and LS last year for 10k over sticker to another Ford dealer and they marked it up and sold it. Great buy!!

Brian

That why I am unsure this DORA is correct. I thought Ford said the new base price this year for the LS is 49,990. That price does not include mats and cover. The price on my dealers DORA shows 49670.00 with the 470 dollar mats & cover included. That's why I suspect the DORA is incorrect. I just trying to insure my dealer ordered the correct vehicle.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
It looks correct. Check out the 4th pdf file down on this page.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/2013-mustang-order-guides-including-gt500-price-lists-502974/

Brian

Dvendet

Thanks both 5 DOT and Batman! I got it figured out. The new Ford 2013 Boss LS price include 42,200 (GT Premium price from Batman's guide) plus 6,995 (for LS package) plus 795 for delivery which adds up to 49,990. Thank God I passed 4th grade math.

Regards to all responders - mystery solved. I can sleep tonight.

VA Boss

VA Boss said:
bkaser90 said:
What should the MSRP be on a regular Boss then? I thought it was around $45k?

I've read the Standard Boss as being priced at 42,995.

see

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1072626_prices-increasing-on-most-2013-ford-mustang-models

VA Boss

yea, I just looked at my order and it came to $44,965 with the dest and delivery inc. It was with the tax that it became $48k.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel