The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Double Trackdaze Events, VIR Full Course, May 4-5th and June 8-9.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm signed up for these two events. I've ridden with them on a couple of occasions and really enjoyed their balance of class time, track time, fun and safety. VIR Full is amazing and fast, 140+ on the back stretch. In May I know that there will be at least two bosses, (including me) and a variety of other amazing vehicles. Advanced drivers can get instruction from Tom Long or Mike Skeen, for a few extra bucks. can't wait untill I've reached that level. See you all there.

GA
I'll be up there that weekend May 4-5, running the full course with Rezoom on May 3 and with HOD on May 6. I wish I had known about this one since I was looking for another event that weekend. I'll be at the Fairfield in South Boston working on my MBA class Saturday and Sunday, but if I can squeeze in a break I'll come over and watch for a bit and say hi.

GA
There is a very small beginner group on Friday. I guess I better start working out my arms for point-bys because they will probably combine us with the intermediate group. Only three other Fords - a '12 Boss, an AC Cobra, and a GT40. With the exception of a few Corvettes the rest of the field is imports, which I have noticed is the case with Rezoom events.

Whether you're passing or being passed, your speed needs will be fulfilled. That track is fast and intense with ups, downs and roller coasters.

GA
further said:
Whether you're passing or being passed, your speed needs will be fulfilled. That track is fast and intense with ups, downs and roller coasters.

I'm sure they will. I am getting new front pads put on so I can brake with confidence (plus I have a 16 hour drive round trip to get there).

GA
I have been checking the weather and Friday through Monday looks like it will be beautimus. ;D Looking forward to getting two full days on track.

Yep, it should be an awesome weekend. Can't wait to zip,around that track with some other speeders. That back stretch is like a drag strip run every lap, before slamming on the brakes.

GA
New front pads are on. I asked for the old ones if they had some meat left and I was really surprised how much lining I had still after 13K miles and 6 track days. I think I was barely at 50% I would rather have piece of mind knowing that I can run a full weekend and get there and back. I will keep these as a "get-me-home" set. I ordered rear pads too but they are just as good so I will just hang on to them.

Oh hell yes, thanks for posting this! For some reason the June 8-9 sessions aren't showing up on MotorSportsReg. I thought I was going to miss out on VIR entirely this year looking at MSR's schedule. I will be there.

Question about the trackdaze event for anyone who might have been to one before. They said they'd have 5 groups. If my wife and I were both to go as participants, would we each get the 4 hours of track time since we'd be sharing the same car? Or would we have to take turns in the same group since we would both be in the novice category?

Great to have you there. You'll each get one day with four sessions. Holy matrimony is bliss.

A few pics

IMG_4506_zpsd3e672e4.jpg

IMG_4410_zps3826068e.jpg

IMG_4089_zps8cc3a290.jpg

IMG_2971_zps458d122a.jpg

IMG_2287_zpsda02675f.jpg

I almost clipped the ISF around Oak Tree. I've got some videos, but I need to stitch the Lary Laptime laps together. Anyone know a good easy free program to stick videos together?

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Gcga3jEQVmw[/youtube]

The last three laps chasing the Z06 is worth checking out.

Awesome video. I'm amazed at how well you kept up with the Z06. Seems like the only time it pulled away was in the straights. I hope you had some tape on the front of your car for all the rocks that blue audi kicked up.

Obviously driving skill was a huge factor in keeping up with the Z06, but what mods do you have on the Boss if you don't mind me asking?

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MswolNc50Xg[/youtube]

Here is the view from a guy in my group running a souped up Outback. You can see his lines are a bit more precise and aggressive than mine (check out turn 14 and 14a) but I'm still pulling away. Sounds like he's running street tires too.

That's great! Glad you guys could make it work, and ride out there together in the same group. You'll have a blast.

That S2000 is a such a nice track car too. The dependability of a Honda engine in a real track vehicle. Incidentally, I was close to retiring the Boss to a couple of low key events per year and dropping $20k into an S2000 with race goodies, I could abuse on the track circuit. I had to budget the cash elsewhere though. That 2008 Club Racer is very enticing as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors