The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My 401K just keeps chugging along in the right direction........I don't have/make any stock options......just the guaranteed interest rate that changes every yr...........it was as high as 12% one yr, now I think it's below 5%................I was surprised to see this thread wake up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Boys, Just go with the flow..............you won't be a millionaire, but you won't be on your knees either..........Greed is a need for more than you deserve...........Is that a Bible verse??...it should be!!!...............OMG...........TMO has no room for this......sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Boys, Just go with the flow..............you won't be a millionaire, but you won't be on your knees either..........Greed is a need for more than you deserve...........Is that a Bible verse??...it should be!!!...............OMG...........TMO has no room for this......sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not being greedy. Just trying to have enough for track fees, race gas, tires, and brake pads after we retire. 😀

Boys, Boys....This thread has gotten to more than I ever saw it get to........EF1, Greed has nothing to do with survival in what you need to do when you need to do it, I learned that lesson many moons ago.....You'll be OK.....Patrick, You may suffer for now , But Hang in there ....It's a long haul........things have a way of re-aligning.........if you know what I mean...;);)

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With the Dow over 39,000 S&P over 5000, and Nasdaq over 16,000 things are rocking now and this thread reminds me why over 30 years ago when I was doing Financial Planning I told my clients they need to work hard at not taking Politics into their Investment strategies. The reason being is regardless of your Political leanings the common thoughts espoused over the past century do not hold true in facts. Surprising, to many, the market has been slightly better on average under Democratic Presidents than Republicans , and this comment is only to dissuade the myth that the Market will be better with the Elephants in charge. The truth is there is not much difference overall , and therefore everyone needs to try and not view the Markets so narrowly based on which party is in power. The reasons for Market movement are way too complex for that and it is why it will always be a guessing game and we can't guess what major situations could cause dramatic change.

The single best trick is to get into the market and especially begin when you are young. If you do that it is almost impossible not to succeed over the years, imho.

Been seeing a bunch of billionaire's and politicians selling off the last few weeks signaling the market will drop. With it being an election year I don't think it will, but what do I know. Been trying to research and learn more about the markets the last few years, and haven't been able to find the right direction yet.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West
This being an election year my vote is for the markets to a least stay somewhat stable, if not rise a bit. As Bill stated, if you are not in you are not going to reap any rewards (well, that’s kinda what he said).
Standing on the sideline and watching the markets is just like being a spectator at a race. Fun, but it ain’t racing’. Being in the race is more fun and you have a chance at greater things. I retired 5 years ago and tell younger folks all the time, work hard, invest wisely, and get out of the workforce as soon as you can. I got out at 63. Plan was 62. Stayed one more year until it wasn’t fun anymore. Maybe that year added something to the pot, but I should have stuck to “The Plan”. Retirement is the best job you will ever have (and everyone that I ever worked for were really great employers), but real freedom comes with no debt and waking up each and every day to do what you want and not what someone else wants you to do.
Look at it as a race. Not everyone can finish first. But, to finish at all you have to get there. Have a plan, do your very best each and every day, take a podium and you will find that your life was a win.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Arch, my father-in-law, his response to a drop in the market - "they just put stocks on sale". It also helps when you can just let your investments ride, don't panic. And start young!

My old moniker at an old investing site was "No Risk No Loss"....in reply to the "No Risk No gain" philosophy....I don't know who wins here....But they tell me if you don't buy a lotto ticket you can't win...if you don't buy one, you can't lose........Do you see where this is going????????............I haven't lost much over the yrs.............so I'll take my chances at being safe and comfortable.....................

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel