The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m waiting for S&P 500 at 2,600!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Yeah, hit before I posted but looks like not for the close. Maybe 24,000 by the end of 2017.

I wonder how the 'sell in May' subscribers are viewing this upswing.

I've been slowly moving my 401k into safer investments, especially since I've made 22% YTD. My problem is my exposure to AMAT stock, well not a problem so far since it's rockin' but having half my investment in one stock is a bit risky. My overall perspective is when it's really, really easy to make money in stocks- it's getting close to the end of really easy money.

Grant 302

Great advice Andy. Not many can be as disciplined to pull out of their winners. I've only trimmed a little off the top myself. Moved towards cash and bonds. I'll continue to do the same as and if it goes higher.

I got some IPGP over the summer. Really wish I had not procrastinated and purchased at 85 when I decided I should buy, but oh well. Still going up. Fiber lasers are incredibly good at welding and cutting, and I don't think we are anywhere near a growth slowdown. I should probably diversify with some of the competitors stock, though.

I only own a couple of individual stocks at this point and one is Facebook. I've made 50% on it and my mom's sitting on what, a six bagger at this point? She's 81 and invests primarily in tech stocks lol. I figure if I'm on FB so much I'VE BURNED THE IMAGE INTO MY PHONE'S SCREEN, other people are likely spending a lot of time on it as well. At some point they'll monetize all those eyeball-hours.

Grant 302

You mean like AOL did? ;)

Was a nice cross over 23,000 yesterday. Gave some of the oldest positions another haircut. Sold the last of SVXY from $72.

Grant 302

No doubts here. For our annual contest at work I have the S&P st 2647. I should win by a mile. Biggest winner are my retirement accounts.

Nice. Maybe now I can *finally* stop just talking about getting an R in 2018...and that vaporware '11+ V6 track beater too. :rolleyes:

Who says money can't buy happiness? ;) It buys track toys and track time. Good enough for me. :D

Grant 302

No doubts here. For our annual contest at work I have the S&P closing the year at 2,647. I should win by a mile. Biggest winners are my retirement accounts.

SOLID hit on the close today! 2,647.58 on the S&P!

No real surprise on the DJIA blasting through 24,000. No complaints about closing at 24,272.35. :D

TMO Supporting Vendors