The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Corona Beer is taking a beating with all this negative virus publicity...They're still trying to figure out how their name got involved with this in the first place..me too...:mad:
I used to drink Corona quite a bit in my 20's. I'm more of a Modelo Negra fan these days when it comes to Mexican lagers. Wondering how much it's hurting Corona, if at all.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm just wondering if there's going to be a "big scare" that jolts the markets significantly.

I don't think so, but that's really easy to say when I'm carrying fairly long term downside protection.

I think there's more of a downward pressure rather than a moment of panic. I think the market can and will ignore some of the impacts as the next couple of quarterly results and guidance are out.

Grant 302

Not dead. Conspiracies abound. Like the folks not drinking Corona beer to prevent catching the virus.
Although I wouldn't mind a pull-back so I can weaken my cash position.

I'm not clicking through that link since Yahoo wants to use my location...but it seems like more reliable sources are reporting that he's dead.

The Coronavirus has been a boom for memes.
178040CC-9059-48E8-9637-011BD46DB12D.jpegB736E983-24F3-43C3-BED9-C902F03E8D91.jpeg

Grant 302

Closer to my target...which is purely academic at this point. I think it’s likely to blow through it.

New highs are good regardless. 29,568.57 peak for the day. A close near it works for me...and it’s only Wednesday.

Grant 302

Markets climb a wall of worry.

Certainly true of late. And that peak on Wednesday is a bit of confirmation for my predictions and narrowed my margin of error down to 0.44% from the 29,700 target. (0.53% from the narrowed target at 29,726).

Anyway, while that's been all nice and profitable...I'm continuing to tighten the straddle/strangle positions around these levels. Even though it's proving to be a level of interest, it's easier to 'bet' that it can't stay in this range forever. And whether that's up or down, I'll make money on all the moves small and large. Smaller, short term bets fund larger long term bets. The longer things linger here, the more opportunity for bigger profits.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I think Warren knows what he's talking about.

Warren Buffett told CNBC on Monday that investors shouldn't make decisions based on the volatility caused by the coronavirus.

“You don’t buy or sell your business based on today’s headlines. If it gives you a chance to buy something you like and you can buy it even cheaper, you’re in good luck,” he said, adding that “you can’t predict the market by reading the daily newspaper.”

boardkat

CAMtard
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Lake Oswego, OR
DOW 25,000 before the election
1582568467039.gif

I went all cash in most of my portfolios two weeks ago. Too much uncertainty about the true impact of the coronavirus on the Chinese economy until the government can’t hide it anymore, in addition to the election cycle = too much volatility for me to stomach. My timing is usually off, and I know a day does not a market make, but it sure seems to be on the path to working out for me this time!

I suspect we're going to continue to hear the virus is getting out of hand over the next weeks and months. Since I'm not a trader, I'm going to largely sit on the sidelines. I have heavy exposure to LRCX and can't do anything about that.

TMO Supporting Vendors