The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
DOW 25,000 before the election
Nice to see some other participants! Even nicer to see some other predictions...

I’m still thinking near term for 29,700 and guessing before Q1 is done.
We both posted these predictions back in January. I absolutely love it that we could both be right. I liked your prediction then and even more so today.

The good thing about financial predictions is sooner or later you're always right.

Grant 302

The bloodletting isn't over.
I think you’re right. But since today is the last trading day of the month, things might get extra crazy. Regardless of where things end up today, before closing I’ll tighten the straddle/strangle option positions. All in anticipation of more volatility to kick off March.

boardkat

CAMtard
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Lake Oswego, OR
We both posted these predictions back in January. I absolutely love it that we could both be right. I liked your prediction then and even more so today.
Absolute massacre :(
I did the same thing in 2008 but not this well timed, still missed some upside. I’m sitting on a horde of cash now, and I’m not doing anything with it for awhile. Earnings and full pandemic still to come before bottom methinks...

Grant 302

Absolute massacre :(
I did the same thing in 2008 but not this well timed, still missed some upside. I’m sitting on a horde of cash now, and I’m not doing anything with it for awhile. Earnings and full pandemic still to come before bottom methinks...
I timed 2007 (almost) perfectly. Went 90% cash and bonds in all accounts on 11/2/07. I only wish I understood better or made a plan to make money on the way down.

I ‘understood’ the damage that was done by 2009 when the cash and bond percentage was 95%.

Anyway, what worked for me then was to have a ‘rule’ - deploy funds at less than 20% per quarter to avoid mis-timing the bottom.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
You could just change the + sign on the topic header to the - sign and it would be current!

a side note: Ford is starting to look attractive at 6.80 a share...

Grant 302

I wouldn't 'try to catch a falling knife'. Not that I disagree with the purchase, but I think there will be lots of tyme to buy after the dust settles.

I cashed a bunch of the 'excess' protection I bought last week right after trading resumed (it was halted for about 20 mins. immediately after opening). Maintaining about a -2x leveraged position overall. Almost +16% on the day right now. Was about +20% before the halt. Crazy.

And the thread title was relevant once again, even if just briefly at the opening. 23,818.70 recorded. I don't think the bottom is in yet.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I wouldn't 'try to catch a falling knife'. Not that I disagree with the purchase, but I think there will be lots of tyme to buy after the dust settles.

I cashed a bunch of the 'excess' protection I bought last week right after trading resumed (it was halted for about 20 mins. immediately after opening). Maintaining about a -2x leveraged position overall. Almost +16% on the day right now. Was about +20% before the halt. Crazy.

And the thread title was relevant once again, even if just briefly at the opening. 23,818.70 recorded. I don't think the bottom is in yet.
I saw the headlines about the opening drop this morning when it was halted. Looks like a scary time for the market overall.

Grant 302

I saw the headlines about the opening drop this morning when it was halted. Looks like a scary time for the market overall.
Yeah, overall. But the markets should mostly recover when the end of the virus issues is in sight. Might not be until after elections or 2021.

On the other hand, perhaps you left coasters may see gas under $3 :p
I wish. That's almost not possible with the way the state TAXES gas. Almost makes oil prices irrelevant.

TMO Supporting Vendors