The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Drake Fire Extinguisher Mount and Seat Clamps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently purchased the Scott Drake Fire Extinguisher mount and seat clamps and went to install the seat clamps to mount the bracket and the seat clamps would not fit on the seat adjuster bar. The seat clamps are advertised to fit 05-14 I have the Recaros seat option. So I called Drake Automotive Group and was told the seat clamps to not fit Recaro seat adjuster. Has anyone else had this issue or mounted a Drake ext. bracket on their Recaro seat?

The clamps are too small to mount as they should facing forward as they should for the Fire Ext bracket to mount. Seems the clamps are made for a perfectly round bar and the Recaro is somewhat oval/oblong. Additionally the for the clamps to mount on the F.B. bracket the clamps are right where the adj. bar starts to curve on each end. Very frustrating. I may take a dremel/drill to the seat clamps to modify them too fit.

It seems the dremel might be the easiest solution or you can mount it directly to the body like this
B61G9182-X3.jpg

Can you tell me the diameter the clamp are for? And the distance needed between the 2 to bolt to the bracket?
I've been looking at the Drake fire mount for quite some time but I've got an aftermarket seat with a Sparco adjuster.

Thanks

I'm not sure how much that cost but Blowfish makes a nice one that works with Recaros.

https://www.blowfishracing.com/safety/19-2005-2014-mustang-fire-extinguisher-mount.html

2005-2014-mustang-fire-extinguisher-mount.jpg

Thanks for all of your inputs and suggestions. I am going to try and modify the seat clamps and see if that works...really like the looks and operation of the Drake Bracket...if not looks as though I will have to go with the Blowfish bracket as I do not want to drill holes in to the car. Thanks again...

Here is a link to H3R Performance Extinguishers. I got my MaxOut MX250B from Summit Racing...Jegs also carries them.

http://www.h3rperformance.com/

TMO Supporting Vendors