The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dream Cars vs. Real Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interesting, so a Mustang is a chick car? (he ducks)

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 9.01.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 9.01.42 PM.png

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
On the "men" side of top desired traits and dream car features . . . they must have rounded up a bunch of guys most of whom really don't care to drive.

When I got my first car, 7 out of their top 10 "first cars" did not exist, and one of the three that did (Corolla) wasn't anything a "car guy" would have ever chosen.

Wish I could see the original questionnaire and a percentage breakdown of responses by generation.

Norm

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Wish I could see the original questionnaire and a percentage breakdown of responses by generation.
Would be interesting.
I'm just a little disappointed at how low the bar is for a 'dream car'. I never dreamt of owning a Mustang. Just went out an bought one. No BFD.

Interesting, so a Mustang is a chick car? (he ducks)
Always has been. That's a big part of its success over the years. I've only known one woman who owned a Camaro, but lots of Mustang owners.

My first car wasn't a dream car but it was a free car courtesy of my parents as a high school graduation gift. It was a 1969 Toyota Corolla 4 speed with a 1100 CC engine (some Harleys had bigger motors). They must have thought I couldn't get in trouble with that car, but they were wrong.....teenagers have their ways..............

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Interesting, so a Mustang is a chick car?
They do seem to be popular with the ladies. Girl a year or two behind me in school got one for her H.S. graduation (her Dad was a doctor), and my daughter just had to have one for her first car (a '66 C-code).

My own dream car ran more toward something like this
50.jpg

Still does, in many ways.

Norm

Those early Mustangs with the 6 cyld autos may have appealed to the women of that tyme but once those V8 4spds came into play things evolved to where they are now....GTs MACH1s Boss302s GT500s GT350s..I'm sure the secretaries are lining up to get one of these................Oh, Steve, I forgot the Bullitt, sorry

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Camaros are chick cars because my wife says so and she's never wrong. Go ahead, ask her.

I think chicks dig Mustangs which for all I know was part of the results, intended or not. Whenever I AutoX, I'm approached by some younger female race groupie looking for a ride in my Boss. It's true because I say so and I'm never wrong. Go ahead, ask me.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
You are not. That's what matters.

[insert meme about millennials requiring existential validation here]

Camaros are chick cars because my wife says so and she's never wrong. Go ahead, ask her.

I think chicks dig Mustangs which for all I know was part of the results, intended or not. Whenever I AutoX, I'm approached by some younger female race groupie looking for a ride in my Boss. It's true because I say so and I'm never wrong. Go ahead, ask me.

Is it...is it true?

meme is a cultural understanding of what's going on in a certain generation. ChrisM may be wondering what's going on with his. ChrisM, did I explain that right? As long as Mustangs are fun to own it doesn't matter who likes them, as long as they do!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel