The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dreams do come true

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Like others have stated be sure to post photos of your Boss.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Congrats! You got the best color too!! Plenty of time to save up for your hood struts, sound tube delete kit, and <insert your preferred shifter upgrade here>. ;D

Thanks, First will just be the activation of the track key, then remove the exhaust plates..........then wait till March so I can drive it. I haven't even test drove the damn thing yet, for that matter I havent driven a GT after 2009. And to make things worse, it's snowing out again. :mad:

ace72ace said:
Congrats! You got the best color too!! Plenty of time to save up for your hood struts, sound tube delete kit, and <insert your preferred shifter upgrade here>. ;D
Yes, probably in that order to! What is your recomendation for the shifter?
Also, will I be wasting money on a drop in K&N air filter?

I think the majority of us like the MGW shifter the best but not everyone has the same taste. I personally think the K&N is a waste of money but there are some people that have gotten some extra hp out of it. Getting an aftermarket tune is about the cheapest way to more noticeable power.

Bay Area
As for the K&N you will lose a couple HP and Ft Lbs of TQ. Not too much but you would be going in the wrong direction. The good thing about the K&N is that its washable and will save you money over time. Id put youre cash into other mods. Just my .02

TMO Supporting Vendors