The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driver Fitness article, featuring Alessandro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I was sifting through some NASA news articles and what did I come across? The guy who has quickly become a media darling - @flyhalf 😄

Good content around the exercises and nutrition. 👍

I was sifting through some NASA news articles and what did I come across? The guy who has quickly become a media darling - @flyhalf 😄

Good content around the exercises and nutrition. 👍
I might not know a pot on cars..but i know 1 thing or 2 for exercises and nutrition ☺️

Pizza!! Eat lots of Pizza! Love pizza. But not right before the race. Did that once and it turned out ugly.
Actually yes. Before the race. And pasta.
But italian pizza not american with 2 "of cheese lol
Before a race you want a "glycogen charge"
So light sauce pasta pizza dough with some prosciutto and parmigiano.
No steak. No.fried stuff. Water. No alchool.ok maybe a light beer lol

Last edited:
Ahh!, thanks for the clarification! But its the longer events that really get me quite nauseous, anything over 30min gets me queasy.
The idea is to recharge your body with lots of glicogen for days before a race
=lots of energy.
So u can eat less.during the race and be lighter and less nauseous.
During events like daytona i ate only energy bars and lots of fluids. While around me.. Chick-fil-A was the thing lol.

Avoid heavy fat and too many protein is a great way to remain full of energy and not "heavy and sleepy"

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Actually yes. Before the race. And pasta.
But italian pizza not american with 2 "of cheese lol
Before a race you want a "glycogen charge"
So light sauce pasta pizza dough with some prosciutto and parmigiano.
No steak. No.fried stuff. Water. No alchool.ok maybe a light beer lol

From my perspective, I would say it's better to eat/train/drive in a way which you aren't hitting those glycolic systems hard enough to *need* a carb "top up." Having said this, I am aware of a can of Coca-Cola to a *seriously* fatigued driver playing prominently in a recent endurance race win, so I can't discount the approach.

So this is saturday .. 10-12mins test ,3 laps at Laguna (plus initial and final waiting time)
200Cal. And it was a normal test. Imagine in a race. For 50mins. With 140f inside.the car.

You can see why a good die and preparation is really the key to succeed.

Screenshot_20220528-113501.png

TMO Supporting Vendors