The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driver Selectable Suspension Malfunction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui
Today I got a Driver Selectable Suspension Malfunction while I was driving. The button on the steering wheel for the magneride wasn't working at all and I couldn't switch between the different drive modes. It kept on saying "Drive mode selections not available." Has anyone gotten this error before? When I turned off the car and turned it back on , it was fine again.. I am assuming I would probably need to bring it to the dealer.

I have a 2016 gt 350 with tech package and have roughly 1000 miles...

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
There are certain times when it's not available i.e. when you're in reverse or if you have a message in the display like the door being ajar that you need to acknowledge. I wouldn't take the car in unless it happens again. I'm afraid to let the dealer touch the car.

Happened to me. Brought it in, they changed the exhaustbvalbes actuators

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Flyboygsxr said:
There are certain times when it's not available i.e. when you're in reverse or if you have a message in the display like the door being ajar that you need to acknowledge. I wouldn't take the car in unless it happens again. I'm afraid to let the dealer touch the car.
This. We're you in reverse? I had some electronic gremlins when I purchased the car. The dealer did a total reset (whatever that is) and I haven't had another issue in 4,000 miles. Like Adam said don't worry about it unless it happens again.

Jeff, congratulations and how about some photos of your new 350?

Maui
Rick R said:
Happened to me. Brought it in, they changed the exhaustbvalbes actuators

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Did it keep on happening a lot before you brought it in? Were you also having trouble switching between your 2 exhaust modes? If it was the exhaust valve actuators then I would think so..... For me, I was still able to switch my exhaust modes, but just not between the magneride and the drive modes.. It hasn't happened again since the weekend. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not sure if my dealer will do much if it hasn't happened a whole lot...

VoodooBOSS said:
This. We're you in reverse? I had some electronic gremlins when I purchased the car. The dealer did a total reset (whatever that is) and I haven't had another issue in 4,000 miles. Like Adam said don't worry about it unless it happens again.

Jeff, congratulations and how about some photos of your new 350?

Thanks Rick! No I was driving in 4th gear going about 45-50 mph when it happened... Yeah I'll probably just keep an eye on it for now. I will post up pics soon. The deep impact blue with white stripes really reminds me of my old kona blue boss and a lot of my friends say the same thing...

Maui
The DSSM message came on again so I finally brought it to the dealer a few weeks ago and they found one of the height sensors by the magneride wasn't plugged in fully or loose. Or that's what they told me. It seemed to fix the issue...

TMO Supporting Vendors