The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driverless F1? Is that going to draw an audience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Saw this today on Autoweek:

I can't imagine looking forward to watching a pro auto race where there are no human drivers. I just can't. But it certainly sounds like it might become a reality here pretty soon. Wonder how many people will be interested in watching the 24 Hours of Le Mans/Daytona or Monaco, or V8 Supercars, all running RC cars. Maybe it'll be fun to watch. :idontknow:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I do like watching BattleBots from tyme to tyme but they're trying demolish each other. And as xr7 wrote above, at that point I just as much watch Demo Derby. Take the driver out of the car and it's just not the same sport and shouldn't be advertised in the same vain.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Im surprised how many young people i talk to that prefer to watch someone else play a video game on twitch over playing the video game themselves.
I don't understand this. I know it's popular, but I don't get it. I guess it's like watching pro athletes and trying to learn from them, but lame.
Sebastian Metal, Max Veroom, Loose Hamburger, Valtteri Robottas, Pierre Gasoline, Daniel Rice Car Go, your Hot Wheels F1 carbots for the 2035 F1 Season.
This is the comedy gold I come here for!

This whole thing is dumb, but I'm becoming a dinosaur just because I can remember (vaguely) a time before all this digital craziness and I just can't relate to whatever is going on in Chinese spyware social media land.

TMO Supporting Vendors