The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driver's air bag cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just got off the phone with my son at the dealer, FORD will not replace the DS air bag cover on my car. It has a visible molding crease in the plastic, it looks like S#$T! I was told this is where the cover splits when deployed. I understand that, but my other, less expensive Fords don't have any noticeable vertical lines in their covers. Anyone else have this issue in their car?

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
DA BOSS said:
I just got off the phone with my son at the dealer, FORD will not replace the DS air bag cover on my car. It has a visible molding crease in the plastic, it looks like S#$T! I was told this is where the cover splits when deployed. I understand that, but my other, less expensive Fords don't have any noticeable vertical lines in their covers. Anyone else have this issue in their car?

I have the same crease at the top of my cover...I think we're stuck dude. Rather than a visible line that goes either vertically or horizontally on the face...they opted for the "hidden" crease on the underside.

mines the same. hurt even more when i put a really expensive steering wheel on and had to put it right back.

I wonder if the crease looks worse on the 2013 as they continue to use the 2012 tooling. Mine is a mid 2012 build and all I see is a slight ridge.

The crease on my 2013 is noticeable, and is even off center a little.

It does not scream "quality".

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Yep, mine is there too.

I have the same thing on my 1995 GT. Doesn't bother me a bit seeing as the 1995 was a replacement for the 1994 that I had been in a head on in before it (17 year old decided that my side of the road was better than his!). I simply look at it as a reminder that I am covered!!!

John

TMO Supporting Vendors