The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driveshaft dimensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getting ready to order a one piece driveshaft. Anybody have the flange to flange dimensions by chance? Same as a std. 5.0 w/manual trans, correct?

Sorry for being lazy I just figured some of my "partners in crime" could save me crawling under the Boss. :)

Thanks, Brian

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
BrianDeTienne said:
Getting ready to order a one piece driveshaft. Anybody have the flange to flange dimensions by chance? Same as a std. 5.0 w/manual trans, correct?

Sorry for being lazy I just figured some of my "partners in crime" could save me crawling under the Boss. :)

Thanks, Brian
same as a gt

BrianDeTienne said:

Thanks, Brian

If you're ordering something custom, you'll need to take the measurement yourself to ensure proper operation...

Sorry, no free lunch on this one..

Best of luck.

Anyone that sells a 1 piece DS such as Dynotech or DSS already know what dimensions you need. unless you have odd modifications or something different from stock.

NewBossowner said:
Anyone that sells a 1 piece DS such as Dynotech or DSS already know what dimensions you need. unless you have odd modifications or something different from stock.

Unless you order from PST...

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Brian
I don't know which shaft you are thinking of ordering but I advise Drive Shaft Shop.
Whether aluminum or carbon I feel they have the best design and engineering and the best reputation among the S197 Mustng community. I have run mine for over 12000 miles now with no issues. There has been one well known failure that I have heard of, Flyboygixxer on this site, but there are other issues out there with other manufacturers. Give them a call and talk with them about what you plan on doing with the car, you'll be sold on the product.
Steve

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
steveespo said:
Brian
I don't know which shaft you are thinking of ordering but I advise Drive Shaft Shop.
Whether aluminum or carbon I feel they have the best design and engineering and the best reputation among the S197 Mustng community. I have run mine for over 12000 miles now with no issues. There has been one well known failure that I have heard of, Flyboygixxer on this site, but there are other issues out there with other manufacturers. Give them a call and talk with them about what you plan on doing with the car, you'll be sold on the product.
Steve
+1 I have about the same amount of miles on mine zero issues

TMO Supporting Vendors