The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driveshaft safety loop...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys,

Need your help, I have the 4" driveshaft form AE and would to complement it with the safety loop...can somebody recommend one that would fit a 4" driveshaft? These are the ones that I was looking at;

Steeda (they say you need to take out the seats, and move the carpet)
BMR (may need shims to make it fit with the 4" DS)
Metco Motorsports Solutions (do not know if it will fit the 4" DS)

Thanks,

Manuel

BLAZN BOSS

make your own out of 2 x 1/4 flat bar................i did on my last two cars.

I have an early ShaftMasters 4" one-piece and the BMR fits fine. Not a huge amount of room and I did have to shim the loop up about 1/8". I think the BMR was originally designed for a 2005-2010 but it fit. The newer versions might fit better.

WinterSucks said:
I have an early ShaftMasters 4" one-piece and the BMR fits fine. Not a huge amount of room and I did have to shim the loop up about 1/8". I think the BMR was originally designed for a 2005-2010 but it fit. The newer versions might fit better.
Thanks!

dabossinne said:
I have the Stifflers loop. It is indeed a nice quality piece.

I called them and they told me it could not be used on the Boss, so I ended ordering the BMR today...will do the install this weekend.

Thanks to all,

Manuel

BOSSPOWER said:
I called them and they told me it could not be used on the Boss, so I ended ordering the BMR today...will do the install this weekend.

Thanks to all,

Manuel

No idea why they would've said that. Installed it on my '13 Boss no problem.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
dabossinne said:
No idea why they would've said that. Installed it on my '13 Boss no problem.

I also run the stiffler loop. I had to relieve a small section to provide clearance near trans mount. But I had one of the first loops they made for this design. I worked with Brian and they fixed the problem. Good bunch of guys to work with!

I have the MGW with the heat shield, no issues.

TMSBOSS said:
I also run the stiffler loop. I had to relieve a small section to provide clearance near trans mount. But I had one of the first loops they made for this design. I worked with Brian and they fixed the problem. Good bunch of guys to work with!

I have the MGW with the heat shield, no issues.

Ah, ok. They must've made a running change in the design... the loop I received has elongated trans mount bolt holes that allow you to adjust the bracket upward so that it does not interfere with the trans mount.

It didn't work out with the BMR, to close...I ordered the CHE Performance which is supposedly made for 4" DS and I do not have to take the DS off.

Regards,

Manuel

So there is absolutely no way to make the BMR D/S loop work with the MGW shifter/heat shield? Thats a bummer. I have one sitting in the garage.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you on the CHE product, with the 4" DS it will either hit the bottom of the shifter or hit the DS...maybe it will be fine with a 3.5" DS I am sadly returning it and getting a Steeda. Yes, my car is lowered with the Steeda springs.

Regards,

Manuel

TMO Supporting Vendors