The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driving shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrenchBoss said:
Hi guy's, any suggestions on a good pair of driving shoes. ???

I have the Mustang Driving shoes and really like them! I also have a pair of Oakley Driving shoes that I like, but the Mustang shoes are a little more comfortable when out of the car. I will say that the Oakleys are great driving shoes in the car. My 2 cents.,,

Ben

FrenchBoss said:
Any links to those Mustang shoes Benjammin...
I have these in black. The Pilotis I have are a little more comfortable for walking around the paddock as the soles are a little thicker, but these are still very comfortable. That said, the Mustang shoes are actually better for heel/toe shifting as the toe flares out further than my other shoes. I like them and would buy them again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Casual-Leather-Driving-Shoes-in-4-Colors-/200559824089

isrboss

I'm wearing Piloti shoes now, but if I were to be picking up a pair, I would get these CS ones.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/cs007blk.htm

cloud9 said:
I have these in black. The Pilotis I have are a little more comfortable for walking around the paddock as the soles are a little thicker, but these are still very comfortable. That said, the Mustang shoes are actually better for heel/toe shifting as the toe flares out further than my other shoes. I like them and would buy them again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Casual-Leather-Driving-Shoes-in-4-Colors-/200559824089
Thanks cloud9, I just press the buy it now button. Like you said they look great for H and T... ;)

roadhouse said:
Converse all stars 8)
LOL nice, whatever works. I showed up at an autox once just to watch and one of the guys said hop in and take mine. I was wearing leather boots and ran a couple seconds faster than he did in his own car :p

Tulsa, OK
cloud9 said:
LOL nice, whatever works. I showed up at an autox once just to watch and one of the guys said hop in and take mine. I was wearing leather boots and ran a couple seconds faster than he did in his own car :p

Haha I've never tried a true driving shoe but they seem to work well for me anyway. Thin sole, pretty flexible, cheap.

Now that's funny! Shoes don't make the man ;)

drano38

Wayne
cloud9 said:

OK, you'll never drive my car. ;D

Academy carries Puma and Fila driving shoes. Not the greatest selection but the prices are awesome. I bought a pair of Puma Fast Cats there for $39.99 a couple of months ago.

I went big and bought a pair of Alpine Star Tech 1-Z (admittedly a bit of a shoe nut). They are incredible. They are fully perforated, which helps in hot Texas weather and they offer outstanding pedal feel. They are extremely light weight and feature a convenient quick fastening system and kangaroo leather is supposed to be one of the toughest wearing leathers there is despite being very light weight and soft to the touch. For $300 they aren't exactly a bargain but I really like them and get lots of positive comments/questions about them (yeah we all know that's not what we're all about here).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TMO Supporting Vendors